Week 1 - Falcons: Banner Night, Bitches

Started by MDS, August 06, 2018, 10:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Don Ho on September 03, 2018, 06:52:51 PMThan again i thought they were going to steam roll the Buccaneers in 03 when they opened the Linc.

Yeah, that game was the worst whiplash inducing shift in fan mood I've ever experienced. This one has the potential to match or surpass it...but I'm hopefully it won't.

MDS

your wrs for thursday:

agholor-wallace-gibson-wheaton-carter

where is riley cooper when you need him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2018, 09:28:16 AM
your wrs for thursday:

agholor-wallace-gibson-wheaton-carter

where is riley cooper when you need him

Ertz and Goedert. I think Gibson is an early season sleeper with Jeffery out. He's an unknown with sneaky speed and he's had a good camp. I like him as a deep threat early.

phattymatty

ice grillin you

the 1983 game was moved up a day because of a chuck mangione concert at candlestick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

get in price now under 2 bills

face in the lot?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 04, 2018, 11:08:14 AM
the 1983 game was moved up a day because of a chuck mangione concert at candlestick

There's a name from the past.  Wow. 

Munson

I'm strongly considering the first ever single game bet I make now that it's legal here being a large bet against the Eagles.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

if you're going to make your biggest bet ever on a 2 point line, probably a good idea to lay off.

Rome

Or toss yourself off the nearest highrise. 

Munson

Quote from: phattymatty on September 04, 2018, 07:03:31 PM
if you're going to make your biggest bet ever on a 2 point line, probably a good idea to lay off.

Wouldn't be my biggest bet ever...just my first on an individual game.

I just don't see how this is a W. None of the skill players played in the pre-season. Everyone's rusty. Super Bowl hangover. Falcons out for revenge.

Would need some big time plays from the D or special teams to pull this one out, IMO.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I think the defense could win this game alone.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Good, because most of the offense is taking the night off.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 04, 2018, 11:08:14 AM

Was just going to ask about that.  I remember it got moved to Saturday and was so excited as I thought for sure it was going to be nationally televised.  Nope.  I totally forgot about the Chuck Mangione part.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous