Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

edit - this gif site sucks.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on May 25, 2011, 09:44:23 PM
farging sidewalks in baltimore are blood red

That sounds a little over-dramatic. Maybe they should make some kind of show about it.

PhillyPhanInDC

If am a law abiding citizen that goes through the training and evaluation necessary to carry a firearm, and there should be no impediment to that. Law enforcement officers typically will refer to such individuals as "sheepdogs", and most will tell you they play at least a small part in the protection of the people in their presence.

I won't get into specifics, but there have been two instances in my life where while carrying, I had to draw my firearm (fortunately in both cases, I didn't have to discharge it). In the first, the police report showed that I was entirely within my rights of self defense and my actions led to the prevention of serious harm to my person. The other defused a potentially deadly situation outside of a gas station, and a jury felt that again, I was entirely within my rights and broke no laws in exercising my right to bear a firearm.

Think of what would have happened in a situation like the mass shooting in Arizona or in Buffalo if a person somewhere in the crowd was legally carrying a firearm, and had received the proper training on how and when to use it. The chances are high that the person might have saved lives.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on May 26, 2011, 07:04:55 AMIf am a law abiding citizen that goes through the training and evaluation necessary to carry a firearm, and there should be no impediment to that.

I don't have a problem with this statement assuming "law abiding" also means you have all the permits and licenses required by law. 

If you don't, and you carry anyway, you're a danger to the community and when convicted, you should be locked up for a long time.

It's real simple.  Legal gun owners/users have nothing to fear...gun criminals go away for very very long sentences.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Gun laws are farging fascist bullshtein.   The government is farging evil and those in power would love nothing more than a docile & compliant populace who are too terrified of them to protest. 

Diomedes

Settle down, bro.  No one is saying you can't have a gun.  Unless you're a felon.  Or crazy.  Or have been convicted of smacking your woman around.  Or a few other reasons.  All of them pretty reasonable.

Guys like you, awful as you are, presumably pass these criteria, so yay us, you get to have guns too.

I'd just be a lot happier if when you went off your rocker with it, you went to jail for a very long goddamn time.  Psycho.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 25, 2011, 09:11:49 PM
well i dont think you should be able to bring a gun outside your residence or business so you can imagine how i feel about bringing it in a club or bar

What about carrying a gun in your vehicle for hunting??

ice grillin you

i mentioned there should be some exceptions for sport...but you shouldnt be able to roll around in your car with guns everywhere just because you are a hunter...you have to be going to or returning from hunting...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 12:33:45 PM
i mentioned there should be some exceptions for sport...but you shouldnt be able to roll around in your car with guns everywhere just because you are a hunter...you have to be going to or returning from hunting...

This is a pretty stupid idea. Criminals are going to get weapons. Always have, always will. Right now, if I am walking down the street, and someone tries to mug me, they are going to have a real problem on their hands quick. If I am prohibited from carrying, I'm a much easier target. Cop: 15 minutes, Glock: Right now.

Quote from: Diomedes on May 26, 2011, 07:04:37 PM
I don't have a problem with this statement assuming "law abiding" also means you have all the permits and licenses required by law. 

Dio, I do have the permits, and even though I didn't have to because of military background, I still went to CCW training put on by the State Police. I make it a point to get at least some gun safety and law training in at least once a year as well.

The funny bit is that I am probably one of the more liberal people you will meet, and I am not a gun nut, ("That there is my new AK-47, pa. It's for home defense, huntin' and whatnot") nor am I into the whole fundy "don't tread on me/don't touch or interpret the Constitution" nonsense. The simple fact is that law abiding, trained, and aware people carrying a  concealed gun pose absolutely no threat to society, in actuality, they help to protect it. That's a fact.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

there are ten trillion guns in the country now and like two of them are ever used to prevent a crime

if someone wants you got you are gonna get got...period

ive been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last ten years and neither time would a gun have done anything for me cept probably get a bunch of people killed including me

if someone simply wants to rob you you give them the money and they are gone end of story...no one hurt...however you have a gun and reach for it you get shot

if someone wants to kill you and they creep up you are a dead man...guns do nothing but get more people killed

now if you are in your house thats a different story because maybe you will hear them breaking in or whatever...plus its like your house

people should not be going to the library or the grocery store or the mall with a gun...thats just ridiculous...and if you are going someplace you feel a gun is necessary then you probably shouldnt be going there to begin with
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i feel like people who get guns are the same kind of people who buy expensive cars to cover up for the fact that their dick is small. except they are too poor to afford at ferrari. so they buy a handgun and feel all tough and shtein. feel safe. i can protect myself now. i got a gun. you farg with me ill kill you. im a real man. i dont have a small penis anymore.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 04:23:02 PM
there are ten trillion guns in the country now and like two of them are ever used to prevent a crime

if someone wants you got you are gonna get got...period

ive been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last ten years and neither time would a gun have done anything for me cept probably get a bunch of people killed including me

if someone simply wants to rob you you give them the money and they are gone end of story...no one hurt...however you have a gun and reach for it you get shot

if someone wants to kill you and they creep up you are a dead man...guns do nothing but get more people killed

now if you are in your house thats a different story because maybe you will hear them breaking in or whatever...plus its like your house

people should not be going to the library or the grocery store or the mall with a gun...thats just ridiculous...and if you are going someplace you feel a gun is necessary then you probably shouldnt be going there to begin with

could be be any more of an ignorant, sheltered, white-bread, suburban silver spoon liberal?

jesus christ.  just stop talking about things you literally have no farging idea what you're talking about, alright? 

rjs246

Pretty sure the Internet would grind to a halt if everyone followed that piece of sound advice. The grownups can talk about this in no hippos board. Why even bother responding here?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on May 31, 2011, 04:03:26 PM
Dio, I do have the permits, and even though I didn't have to because of military background, I still went to CCW training put on by the State Police. I make it a point to get at least some gun safety and law training in at least once a year as well.

I think you understand that I have zero problem with you or those thousands like you who take all the necessary steps to carry a gun legally. 

My problem is with gun criminals, or more to the point, with the justice system that treats their crimes like minor problems. 

I want super long sentences for gun criminals.  There is no good reason not to punish these people with extremely heavy sentences.

12 year old boy just got killed in Baltimore...inside house, watching teevee.  10 to 1 the fargers who were having a gangbanger shoot out on the street have two or three gun convictions between them, all got out in less than three or four years.

If they were in jail for 30 like they should have been, that boy would be alive.