2018 Flyers: They'll Still Suck

Started by Geowhizzer, July 01, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I mean, in today's world....if the Phanatic had been introduced today without the history behind him...they'd probably get dragged on social media for that too.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 26, 2018, 03:51:18 PM
The Gritty marketing plan

Introduce Gritty
Gritty is reviled
Gritty becomes ironically liked
People realize that after ironically liking Gritty so much, they actually like Gritty now
Gritty becomes most popular figure in Philadelphia sports history

This in a nutshell. Also other teams/cities/fans are ripping on him which just makes our fans like him more.

General_Failure

Introduce his love interest Gritina.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on September 26, 2018, 04:17:57 PM
Also other teams/cities/fans are ripping on him which just makes our fans like him more.

this is sad and pathetic but it's typical flyer fan stepford thinking...basically trumpian to like something so beyond hideous just because it's on your team...hip hop and Lil g got run out of town and so should this atrocity

the lead is being buried here because the mascot is so bad but what's most embarrassing is that s classic franchise like the flyers felt the need to get a mascot at all

also flyer fans are not MY fans
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I ❤️ Gritty

#MGGA 🇺🇸🏒🥅🦁

Rome

Wait, so IGY is espousing a contrarian view?

ice grillin you

wait its contrarian to be against a hideous disgusting mascot that is being defended by about 20 thousand members of possibly the most stepford fanbase in sports and no one else

if you asked me two months ago should the flyers get a dope mascot i would have said go to hell...its rock bottom for what is normally a super proud franchise...

but it was kind of predictable that shtein like this would happen once ed snider passed

Geowhizzer

I am fully with Igy on this one.  That... thing is a disgrace.

ice grillin you

if the mascot has done anything its at least showed us that romey doesnt know what the word contrarian means

MDS

id rather not win the cup with gritty than win the cup without him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Rome on September 27, 2018, 11:50:53 AM

I admit to being partial and contrarian in my Gritty views because other people don't like him.

Rome

I'd gladly sacrifice every one of you for a Stanley Cup win.

And trust me, Havas, I know what the word means. 

Since you don't, here...

"Opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice."

Sure sounds like you. 

Rome

Quote from: AO1 on September 27, 2018, 02:14:42 PM
Quote from: Rome on September 27, 2018, 11:50:53 AM

I admit to being partial and contrarian in my Gritty views because other people don't like him.

I like him because he's weird and creepy.  I don't care what hard core superfans like IGY think.