Where are you watching the superbowl?

Started by Beermonkey, January 25, 2018, 07:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 27, 2018, 06:45:56 PM
mcgillins isnt all tickets....the downstairs is definitely first come first in the upstairs holds way more than 100 so maybe only 100 is the deal but the rest is regular bar....worth calling and asking

There's going to be hundreds of places to choose from but McGillins is my first choice.  Love that place.

SD

Quote from: Rome on January 27, 2018, 05:18:40 PM
So it looks like my plans have changed.  My buddy texted me a while ago and told me he is driving up to Philly for the game, so I'm going up with him.   Holy shtein this is happening.  I'm booking a room in CC for Sunday and Monday.  Now all I need is a place to watch it.

I looked earlier and hotels in CC are available and fairly reasonable price-wise. If I didn't have so much family invested in the Eagles I'd try to convince a group of friends to get a suite.

Rome

Another buddy of ours is joining us.  That's three so far.  I'm booking someplace nice. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on January 27, 2018, 07:51:36 PM
Quote from: Rome on January 27, 2018, 05:18:40 PM
So it looks like my plans have changed.  My buddy texted me a while ago and told me he is driving up to Philly for the game, so I'm going up with him.   Holy shtein this is happening.  I'm booking a room in CC for Sunday and Monday.  Now all I need is a place to watch it.

I looked earlier and hotels in CC are available and fairly reasonable price-wise. If I didn't have so much family invested in the Eagles I'd try to convince a group of friends to get a suite.

I was shocked how cheap they were....I got the Sheraton on Priceline for 75/nite
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on January 27, 2018, 07:52:59 PM
Another buddy of ours is joining us.  That's three so far.  I'm booking someplace nice.

come stay with me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

Little family get-together at my house.  Nephew is as big an Eagles fan as I am.   Amassing all the Philly-style food I can find.

My son (14 years old) is so excited he can barely stand it.  He was an infant for 2004, but this is his first real one.

Rome

Hey booked a room at the Embassy Suites on the Parkway for Sunday night.  $84/night with taxes and insurance it was $111.99.  That is insanely cheap. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on January 29, 2018, 02:41:05 PM
Hey booked a room at the Embassy Suites on the Parkway for Sunday night.  $84/night with taxes and insurance it was $111.99.  That is insanely cheap. 

frankford and cottman is as far south as ill get after the game. my dad will be over for our gathering so there will be three generations of season ticket holders in-house.

maybe ill catch up to you at the parade.

you hooking up with Joe ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I haven't talked to Joe in several years.  We had an issue.   He and his wife farged up with me.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Munson

I've got friends who live in the city, and being in the city for Game 5 pt. 2 is still one of the best nights of my life.

But ultimately I can't not be with my family and all the family friends at the Eagles room(s) I've told you all about. My uncle's room gets all the press on the local pregame shows but I'll be at my dad's which is just as fun, just not as spacious (a full finished basement with a full sized bar vs. an addition built onto a house specifically for hte purpose of having an Eagles room).

Gonna be a nervous wreck. We lost my older brother this week last year, I have a feeling if they pull it out the first season he's not around for my dad is gonna have some bittersweet emotions. If they win I'll probably cry regardless of that. Would probably be the weirdest thing I've ever cried over.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

PhillyPhreak54