Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Eh, he was a 15 year old punk rock social outcast kid....far down the list of strikes against him, IMO.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I get it and have read plenty of odd fiction but writing stuff like that at age 15 would be a red flag for any mental health professional. Now that he's running for President everything he's ever did (DUI) and written (neo-nazi) is going to be over-analyzed.

Munson

Oh of course, you could def make the case that if he were 15 today he would prob be getting monitored by his school and his shrink for any warning signs of suicide or school shooter or etc....but one would imagine now that he's in his 40s and relatively successful as a person that he probably grew out of that stuff.

Not to say it still won't be used against him as a cudgel by the media and right wingers, but I think there are more concerning things about him as a candidate, i.e. seems to be very all talk no substance so far.

I just wanted him to run against Cornyn instead, give the Dems a chance to take a senate seat in Texas. Juaquin Castro is gonna go for it instead and I don't know if hte white suburbanite down there are gonna come out in numbers for him like they did for Beto. And if he loses it means the Dems lose him in the House where he's been pretty fantastic.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Quote from: AO1 on March 17, 2019, 04:46:58 PM
I get it and have read plenty of odd fiction but writing stuff like that at age 15 would be a red flag for any mental health professional. Now that he's running for President everything he's ever did (DUI) and written (neo-nazi) is going to be over-analyzed.

There's an actual neo-Nazi IN THE WHITE HOUSE. 

Just an FYI...

MDS

gonna be real i have a crush on pete boot-edge-edge

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

We're still pretending there's standards now? Is that a thing we're doing?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on March 18, 2019, 12:06:34 AM

We're still pretending there's standards now? Is that a thing we're doing?

exactly

life is a joke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

only liberals have standards

beto was weird in high school and now is too popular....warren is pocohontas....harris locked up some black people in the 90s....biden likes some republicans...buttedgeedge is inexperienced....bernie bros exist

meanwhile the guy on the other side inspires people to murder in the name of white power but i guess lets complain about beto's teenage emo poems
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Herr Trump's talk of violence if the election doesn't go his way is frightening.   Combined with rhetoric from Steve King about another U.S. Civil War, and the frenzy these Deplorables have been worked into over all the "others" who are supposedly going to replace them....dangerous times.  I never did get a gun after the riots but maybe I should reconsider that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Yup. There's going to be violence from the Cheeto Dick supporters when he loses.

General_Failure

I don't know if you noticed, but there's already violence from his supporters.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Rome

I'm not sure to what degree a spasm of violence will shake this country to the point where something changes.  I honestly don't see it happening ever.  We've spent the last 75 years arming ourselves to the teeth.  Maybe a Civil War is inevitable.  Maybe a reckoning is necessary. 

Whatever.  I feel bad for my daughter and her generation for what's to come because they'll be the beneficiaries of our collective insanity and indifference. 

SD

Quote"I think it's always been about two things for me," said Harington. "About dysfunctional families — or families in general, always where the best drama is — and the everlasting idea that people who seek power are very often the last people who should have it. Unfortunately, we're leaving 'Thrones' with a Joffrey as the President of the United States of America."
- Jon Snow

Geowhizzer

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

- John Adams in a letter to John Taylor, Dec. 17, 1814