move the SS age back ten years
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Legalizing weed is the only one of those I see affecting my own life. SS could go bankrupt without pushing the age back, but I've got a 401k and pension and I'm not counting on SS being there anyway.

rjs246

legalize weed
impeach obama
eliminate the death penalty
legalize gay marriage

If we're only picking one than it's definitely legalizing weed.

Obama ain't perfect but he's a goddamned savior compared to Bush and is a 100000x better than McCain would have been.
I like the death penalty. I don't like how it is implemented.
farg with this marriage legal illegal government defined bullshtein. Jesus. No one cares. Dogs and cats, living together.
SS needs to be indexed to the average life expectancy of the country for financial reasons, but who the hell has any passion about financial issues?

Weed.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Moving back social security is the most responsible choice.  I might smoke a little instead of drinking were it legal, but I'm cool not doing it too.  And Obama hasn't done anything impeachable, but that's a cute choice.

SD

I'd rank em like this:
legalize weed
legalize gay marriage
eliminate the death penalty
impeach obama

Sgt PSN

Even though it probably has the least impact on the country as a whole (at least in terms of $$), I'll go with the ghey marriage.  It does somewhat impact me since any law regarding gay and lesbians directly impacts my sister, not to mention that out of all the choices presented, it's the most "unconstitutional" of them all. 

I'm all for legalizing weed, but in the grand scheme of things, legalizing it isn't going to dramatically impact our country.  Yeah, I know, it will allow Dio and Rusty to smoke in peace without worrying about Johnny Law busting down their door and will allow cops to focus more on real criminals, but the overall impact to the country as a whole would be relatively minor imo. 

I'm still disappointed with a lot of what Obama has/hasn't done, but the fact of the matter is that the country is in better shape today than it was 18 months ago. 

The death penalty ran a very close 2nd.  Like Rusty, I'm in favor of the death penalty, just not the way it's implemented.  Reform rather than elimination would be more appropriate.

Anyone under the age of 45 who is expecting to receive SS in their lifetime is a sucker.  The gov't has proven themselves to be completely incompetent in terms of fiscal responsibility so rather than forking over a few hundred bucks out of each paycheck just so the feds can piss it away, I'd rather see SS eliminated all together, stick that money back in my paycheck and let me decide how to spend/save/invest the money that I earn.  Had we been given the option to eliminate SS rather than move the age back 10 years, this likely would have been my first choice. 

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 07, 2010, 10:13:31 AM

I'm all for legalizing weed, but in the grand scheme of things, legalizing it isn't going to dramatically impact our country.

Legalizing weed would cut down on violent crimes and the police budget. Not to mention the country could make it cheap and tax the hell out of it, which would also put less of a strain on the DEA. They're already taking baby steps but eventually we'll get there.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on August 07, 2010, 10:20:02 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 07, 2010, 10:13:31 AM

I'm all for legalizing weed, but in the grand scheme of things, legalizing it isn't going to dramatically impact our country.

Legalizing weed would cut down on violent crimes and the police budget. Not to mention the country could make it cheap and tax the hell out of it, which would also put less of a strain on the DEA. They're already taking baby steps but eventually we'll get there.

I'm not arguing the benefits, just saying that the impact isn't going to greatly improve our country as a whole.  More gov't revenue through taxation, less tax dollars spent paying police to bust pot heads along with however much money is wasted in jailing them, legal costs, etc etc.  I doubt it would cut down on violent crimes though.  I don't remember the last time I heard a story about some pot head shooting up a mikey d's......fargers are too damn lazy.  However, if weed ever is legalized, I'm buying stock in Twinkies. 

Rome

The whole shteinhouse is gonna go up in flames long before I'd be eligible to collect it anyway.

rjs246

I think is Sarge is greatly underestimating the impact legalization could have.

Save the billions spent on enforcement.
Save the billions spent on process and incarceration.
Start reaping the billions lost on potential taxation.
Ending a hypocritic law, just for psychological value.

It's so socially acceptable to smoke weed that it might as well already be legal... with the ridiculous caveat that it incurs violence on the population because it is dealt illegally and costs the taxpayers money that is essentially pissed down the drain.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Nah, not really.  It will def make the country better off from legal, fiscal and social points of view.  However, I don't think it's as important as a civil rights issue like gay marriage.  In other words, civil rights trumps all imo. 

rjs246

I'm not going to argue with that because I totally agree. My take on marriage though is that the government should butt the farg out whether gay, straight or other. They shouldn't have to 'legalize' it because they shouldn't give a shtein. How they ever got involved in the first place is beyond me.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Sgt the 'violent crimes' comment wasn't in regards to users, it was to sellers and distributors.