2013 Philadelphia Flyers season thread

Started by SD, October 02, 2013, 09:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Agreed.  To give a guy 3 games when  you knew exactly what he was is something only the flyers could manage. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 07, 2013, 10:25:56 AM
Agreed.  To give a guy 3 games when  you knew exactly what he was is something only the flyers could manage. 

He was who we thought he was? 

Geowhizzer

smeags

former flyers at the helm = more mucking and grinding flyers hockey.

yay
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

If there was even a resemblance of team defense, it would be an improvement.

Kind of like the Eagles...

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i thought you loved ed

but basically hes jerry jones without the awesome personality
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

hes a legend and an all time great owner but hes too old.....happens to the best of them

Rome

I was 10 when they last won a Cup.  Is Craig Berube the next Fred Shero?  Yeah, probably not.

Snider's a fleshpop, btw. 

SD

Worse owner: Lurie or Snider? It's close, but Lurie gets the nod because of the green energy bullshtein.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on October 07, 2013, 05:43:50 PM
Worse owner: Lurie or Snider? It's close, but Lurie gets the nod because of the green energy bullshtein.

lurie is better now....but chairmen ed is the best owner in the cities history...altho theres not a lot of competition for that title

SD

Lurie is an awful owner. 20 years, no superbowls. Dumb uniform choice. Sticks with losers like Banner and Roseman. You don't let that type of internal fighting bring your team down, you handle shtein like a farging man and clean house. He's too much of a nice guy liberal to own an NFL franchise.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 07, 2013, 05:46:28 PM
Quote from: SD on October 07, 2013, 05:43:50 PM

lurie is better now....but chairmen ed is the best owner in the cities history...altho theres not a lot of competition for that title

wonderful.  he's the city's tallest midget.  except he's not actually a city guy.  he's a farging californian and has been for decades.

the sooner he gives up the reigns, the better.

ice grillin you

it really comes down to no superbowl for lurie because during his tenure the eagles are probably the most successful franchise in the nfl to not win a lombardi

you have to remember since he has taken over i believe only 10 franchises have won the superbowl....also the eagles haven't won a championship of any kind in 53 years....its not like they were the steelers before lurie took over

MDS

depends how you look at it

lurie is a good in the sense that he cuts the checks and stays away. problem is the people he cuts the checks too are the wrong guys. and have been since he started.

ed is belligerent in his quest for a title...firing people left and right, recklessly spending money. he doesnt care he wants to win. that hasnt worked either.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.