2013-14 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, September 30, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2013, 04:35:26 PM
also low payroll does not equal sabremetrics

lots of teams win with a low payroll and dont use sabremetrics...the hard part is keeping a low payroll team together long term

thats why the red sox are good not because theo epstein was their gm

now thats why the red sox are awesome

they evaluate players correctly and have the ability to keep them and have the ability to fill in the holes with their 200 million dollar payroll

everyone on their team takes pitches, works the count and wears out pitchers. they dont concern themselves with speed...who can really jet on their team outside of ellsbury?

essentially they are the anti-smug who you hate but fall in line with the way he runs a team
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

smug isnt a baseball guy period...hes a bat boy

but sabremetrics does nothing for you as far as scouting players...as a scout you either have an eye for talent or you dont...sabremetrics is cool if you wanna write a long book like bill james or make an internet site for non sports fans to pretend they know sports but it has absolutely nothing to do with putting together a real baseball team

what sabremetrics is is taking traditional non sabremetric numbers and throwing them together into some stupid formula that you make up that spits out arbitrary new stats like vorp and then calling it sabremetrics and announcing a revolution....its a complete farce that non baseball fans believe because they dont know better

if vorp or war didnt exist literally nothing would change in baseball and nothing has changed since someone made them up....me or you tomorrow could take home runs walks strikeouts per nine innings and extra base hits time them by pie call it LILIGuY and wed be sabremetric genius'
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

in closing ... the nerds need to stay out of the jocks world ?  ???

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 02, 2013, 08:44:27 AM
smug isnt a baseball guy period...hes a bat boy

but sabremetrics does nothing for you as far as scouting players...as a scout you either have an eye for talent or you dont...sabremetrics is cool if you wanna write a long book like bill james or make an internet site for non sports fans to pretend they know sports but it has absolutely nothing to do with putting together a real baseball team

what sabremetrics is is taking traditional non sabremetric numbers and throwing them together into some stupid formula that you make up that spits out arbitrary new stats like vorp and then calling it sabremetrics and announcing a revolution....its a complete farce that non baseball fans believe because they dont know better

if vorp or war didnt exist literally nothing would change in baseball and nothing has changed since someone made them up....me or you tomorrow could take home runs walks strikeouts per nine innings and extra base hits time them by pie call it LILIGuY and wed be sabremetric genius'

**Havas drops the mic and walks away with his hands in the air...**

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 link=topic=21623.msg943047#msg943047

**Havas drops the mic and walks away with his hands in the air...**

MDS

Mr. Havas, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Back-to-back 8 Mile and Billy Madison references.  I farging love the internet. 

Geowhizzer

Tyler Cloyd (Indians) and Raul Valdes (Astros) claimed off waivers.

BigEd76

oh no, now the Pigs will need to sign two more pieces of crap

ice grillin you

he all but said a couple weeks ago on wip that he would be joining ryno's staff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I wonder who the pitching coach will be

MDS

bowa is the man but as a 67 year old fossil his baseball decision making is going to be horrible. as the right hand man to ryne this isnt good.

PhillyPhreak54

His baseball decision making will be terrible? Why is that?