Goodbye Spectrum?

Started by BigEd76, January 13, 2008, 06:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

It's sad, but I figured it was about time. The Spectrum had a long and fruitful life. What worries me more is that the city is going to be saddled with a development with the awful name of "Philly Live!" for decades to come.

BigEd76

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

the Flyers preseason game at the Spectrum will be Saturday 9/27 vs Carolina

BigEd76

....and the Sixers regular season game will be Friday 3/13 vs the Bulls

ice grillin you

there isnt a chance in hell i miss that game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

demolition begins at noon on Tuesday 11/23.  Clarke, Dr J and Parent will be there.  Hopefully John Street isn't

MDS

will pelle lindbergh be there too?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: MDS on November 10, 2010, 01:39:20 AM
will pelle lindbergh be there too?

you + suicide = win for all
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

smeags

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 10, 2010, 09:07:10 AM
Painful.  :'(

agreed. watching the vet come was a sad sight to see. the spectrum will be no different and for more reasons than just sports.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

I love the Spectrum as much as the next person and have had some of the greatest memories of my life there, but good riddance. I went to the last Flyers game there and was never so thankful for the new arena (WFC). The concourses are ridiculously small and the seats are right on top of one another. With 3 other state of the art stadiums it's now an eye sore. I'm excited for Philly Live, if there were ever an area that needed something like that it, it was Broad and Pattison. Whatever they put there is going to thrive.

DH

im thinking about getting a pair of seats the have on sale on the website..theyre 400 for a pair and honestly, im not sure if its worth it to drop that much on ugly vinyl chairs which im sure smell like 30 year old beer farts.

Sgt PSN

If you're going to drop 400 on them, then you might as well drop another 3 bucks on a bottle of fabreeze.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on November 10, 2010, 10:29:26 AM
I'm excited for Philly Live

dont be...they have one in baltimore that is an absolute disgrace...its like the bar and club version of ikea and is basically a microcosm of everything that is wrong with america

in fact if thers a city in the world where this doesnt belong its philly...but if they are gonna do it it should be up on delaware ave somewhere
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous