SAT 03/25 - at Dallas Desperados, 8PM
FRI 03/31 - vs Austin Wranglers, 7PM
SUN 04/09 - vs Chicago Rush, 1PM
FRI 04/14 - at Nashville Kats, 8PM
FRI 04/21 - vs Columbus Destroyers, 7PM
SAT 04/29 - at New York Dragons, 7PM
SAT 05/06 - vs Dallas Desperados, 7PM
SAT 05/13 - at Georgia Force, 7PM

From what I read, they upgraded the defense and got a new head coach, plus they expanded the playoffs from 8 teams to 12, so there might be a shot this year...

SunMo

every year, i really try to get into arena football, and every year, i'm asleep on the couch by the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I tried to get into it last year, but just couldn't. I will attempt again this year. Is Todd France back with them? I know he was signed and then signed by TB so does he still have his AFL contract?

Sean Scott & Marcus Knight are good.

PhillyPhreak54

Do they still have big ol' #36 Soul Train? He's the Mensa member who misspelled EAGLES during last years Wingbowl. :-D

BigEd76

He's still listed as their kicker, plus Carlos Perez is a rookie there now.  No more Soul Train though...

PhillyPhreak54

Did yall know EA Sports has an Arena game out too? Maybe I'll see if its on the clearance rack.

MDS

are the games even on tv?
who is the head coach?
why did they get rid of soul train, he was fat and enjoyable to watch run around.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Upper Deck put out a set of cards, too.  The guy I played Little League baseball with has his own jersey card on ebay...  :-D

From the AFL site:

QuoteThe most notable free agent moves include: QB Michael Bishop (Grand Rapids to Chicago), OS Aaron Bailey (New Orleans to Grand Rapids), ... DS Kevin Gaines (Georgia to Philadelphia) and OL/DL E.J. Burt (Orlando to Philadelphia).
If you're looking for a long-shot to throw a few bucks on, take a stab at Dallas or Philadelphia. ... Philadelphia beefed up their defense this off-season (OL/DL E.J. Burt, DS Kevin Gaines and OL/DL Ernest Allen).
Keep an eye on these young guys this season: ...WR/LB J.J. McKelvey (Philadelphia Soul), ... K Bill Gramatica (Tampa Bay Storm)  :-D

Also a couple of rules changes:

-- No more ties
-- Kickoffs that go over the net are brought out to the 20 instead of the 5 (regular touchbacks)
-- In the final minute of each half, the team accepting a pass interfence or defensive holding call has the option to add the time elapsed back onto the game clock

A couple of team updates:

-- Because of the hurricane, the New Orleans VooDoo suspended operations for this season.
-- The two expansion teams are the Kansas City Brigade and the Utah Blaze.

Wingspan

betting on the AFL has to be the ultimate gambler junkie pasttime.

funny, i had michael bishop in one of my madden franchises as a backup. i beleive he played for the patriots?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

BigEd76

Quote from: MDS on January 17, 2006, 04:22:22 PM
are the games even on tv?
who is the head coach?
why did they get rid of soul train, he was fat and enjoyable to watch run around.

SportsTalk 950 announced that all games will be broadcast on their station.  As for TV, they don't have many NBC games because they suck, so the others are probably on CSN (tape delay?)...

The new head coach is Bret Munsey, who was Jay Gruden's offensive coordinator/QB/defensive coordinator/DB/assistant head coach in Orlando...  :-D

Their new rookie FB/LB is 6'3" 270 and doesn't compete in chicken wing contests...  ;D

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

like others. i just cant get into the AFL though. i've turned it on a few times, and almost immediately becomes disinterested.

besides they have too many team nicknames that arent plural, and thats a pet peave in my world of sports.

Soul
Rush
Crush
Storm
Brigade
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

BigEd76

The afl2 teams aren't much better...

Yard Dawgz
Steeldogs
Firecats
Battle Wings
Steamwheelers
Dusters
Twisters

Wingspan

Connection Problems

MDS

which one is the team jon runyan owns