Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

he must be hanging 12 because he got her well before the rams job
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

"Vukes widow is better"

Rome

QB Eagles

So if you're a team that needs a QB, in addition to the draft picks, here's your choices:

The Cuzz
Blake Bortles
Whoever shakes free from Minnesota
Foles (probably)
Kap (just kidding)
Tyrod
Somehow prying Jimmy G or Drew Brees loose (good luck)
Scrubs like McCown or Fitz (still probably better than Bortles)

Assuming that Brees and Garappolo never see the open market, Cousins is by far the safest option but will come at a premium cost. Overall though, I think the QB options are better, more interesting, and more varied than in a typical year.

Eagaholic

You think they would trade Foles? I wouldn't think so with a fair $7M salary and $5.4M cap hit trading him, especially with Wentz's uncertainty now. I don't think it's impossible but I doubt they'd get more than a second rounder at best and he's worth more than that to the team.

QB Eagles

Depends on what comes back the other way. They got a first rounder for Sam Bradford. Jay Cutler went for a first rounder too. If Foles wins the SB and looks good doing it, I don't think a solid return is out of the question.

Not saying the Eagles necessarily trade him, but if a team wants him bad enough, he's gettable for sure.

ice grillin you

i dont think theres any doubt they shop foles if they win the super bowl....and the way howie wheels and deals i would not be shocked if they do it anyway

remember they only have 6 total picks in the draft this year and only 1 is going to come in the first 128 ish selections

most fans wont care about the lack of draft picks if they win a super bowl but i guarantee you howie and joe d will
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Plus, they like Sudfeld, are probably willing to rely on him as the backup.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

If the Eagles win this game I will never care if they win another.   We're in sell our soul to the devil territory now. 

Eagaholic

I'd be a little surprised if they trade Foles and yeah, it comes down to the market. Even if he wins I still wouldn't think they'll get a 1st for him considering there's only about 5 teams that really need a qb and what's available in the draft plus FAs, but especially with QBs you never know. If Wentz might not be 100% ready to go at the beginning of the year it makes it a lot less likely.

MDS

im sure theyll shop foles but what could they really get for him that would be worth giving up the insurance of having a capable qb when your franchise qb just tore his acl?

there cant be anyone dumb enough to give up a 2
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

If a team offers a 1st or 2nd - which is a definite possibility - see ya later Nick. If not, hold onto him and give Wentz as much time as he needs to recover.

MDS

id be stunned if they got anything better than a conditional 4th

foles is a fringe starter/good backup. if youre the jets or bills, primed to not even come close to getting cuzzo, why not just pay for bradford or bridgewater? is foles really that much better than either.

QB Eagles

Probably not, but then you see what teams have done for the likes of Brock Osweiller and Mike Glennon, who haven't done shtein.

The last time a crap QB went on a playoff tear and won a Super Bowl, the Ravens gave him the biggest contract in NFL history. Not crazy to think the Cards or someone like that would want a piece of "winning culture". Assuming he wins of course.

ice grillin you

alex smith is five years older and just got a 3rd and an excellent young corner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2018, 09:45:58 AM
id be stunned if they got anything better than a conditional 4th

29 year old qb who is coming into his prime, has been the most efficient qb in the playoffs, and might be holding a trophy over his head Sunday night...prepared to be stunned