2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2011, 08:20:41 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 30, 2011, 07:37:20 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2011, 07:35:57 PM
my big predictions of the year

roy oswalts record will not be over .500
they wont win the division
the nationals will finish within 10 games of them

Oh yeah...and who wins the division?

Bet me. NOW!

braves...gimme the braves + half the amount of games you think the phils will win the division by...what would that be like 7?

If you predict they won't win the division then stand by it!

I got Phils - you got Braves straight up for $50

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I can't wait!  Let's do this.  Allright, I caved in an ordered the BOOM t-shirt.  Me so happy.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 30, 2011, 10:33:15 PM

Bet me. NOW!

braves...gimme the braves + half the amount of games you think the phils will win the division by...what would that be like 7?

if you think the phillies will easily win then stand by it!!

why the hell would i bet an underdog straight up...i thought you were a gambler?...thats not how it works
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Eagles_Legendz

ESPN/SI etc are all massively backpedaling from the Phillies now.  I think on cbs sports there's only one out of eight 'experts' that has the Phillies coming out of the NL, and at least 3 that have the Braves. 

Overreaction to the Spring much?

ice grillin you

just about incredibly accurate blog post from crossing broad

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/03/there-are-three-type-of-phillies-fans-two-of-them-suck.html#tp

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on March 31, 2011, 08:44:42 AM
ESPN/SI etc are all massively backpedaling from the Phillies now.  I think on cbs sports there's only one out of eight 'experts' that has the Phillies coming out of the NL, and at least 3 that have the Braves. 

Overreaction to the Spring much?

not an overreaction its just that they didnt know the phillies in depth until the last week or so when they had to put together their real predictions....before that their entire outlook was that of most phillie fans...which was assign a 100+ win season to the team based entirely on the cliff lee signing foregtting that there are other parts of a ballclub....even if according to homers like the lil guy (see 2008 apologists in the link above) none of the other parts matter

also and not that i personally believe in this stuff but there is a karma factor involved...which is when you have everyone in the world calling this the best pitching staff of all time before they throw a pitch it usually means that they will massively underperform...so there is some backlash because of that

Eagles_Legendz

That's fine, and Cliff Lee and a full season of Roy Oswalt do not guarantee 100 wins, but I find it amusing that a Chase Utley injury moves the Phillies in so many eyes from being CLEAR NL favorites, to now having barely any more people picking them than the Braves.

Can the Braves win the division?  Obviously.  Should they?  No.  The Phillies SHOULD still win the NL East.

ice grillin you

phillies should and deserve to be the favorites but it wouldnt surprise in the least if the braves won and i see no problem in picking them

its not just utley...its the fact that people started evaluating their whole team....the cliff lee thing completely overshadowed werth leaving...they have no closer...a potentially awful bullpen in general...hideous bench and a suspect offense

also dont forget that they are really really OLD...the braves you know what you are gonna get and while they dont have 100 win potential they have a chance to improve...they dont have any major question marks...certainly less than the phillies

whereas the phils have a chance to blow up...imo the phillies have a better chance to finish first than the braves but they also have a better chance to finish 3rd or 4th

phils have a higher ceiling braves have the more solid floor

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 31, 2011, 07:26:38 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 30, 2011, 10:33:15 PM

Bet me. NOW!

if you think the phillies will easily win then stand by it!!

why the hell would i bet an underdog straight up...i thought you were a gambler?...thats not how it works

I don't know - why would you take the Braves over the Phillies?

I do think they win easily - but you also think they won't.

Phillies - 3

smeags

Quote from: SunMo on March 30, 2011, 07:52:10 PM
say what you want about Luis Castillo, but he's a far better option than either Pete Orr or Michael Martinez

if castillo somehow left the attitude in new york his signing could be huge.

if that is.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it