Help with Trade

Started by mikey418, October 13, 2004, 08:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

There's an offer on the table for in which I can get TO for Tomlinson.  At RB I'm stacked...having Chris Brown, Westbrook, T. Jones, McAllister and Tomlinson.

At WR I have Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, Darrell Jackson.  Do I make the trade?  Or do I counter and add Chad Johnson to the deal and get one of his RBs...like Domanic Davis.

Any input would be much appreciated.

I also have McNabb as my QB...
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

Philly_Crew

Is this a dynasty league?  If it is, do not make the trade.  Although you are stacked at RB, Tomlinson is worth more than just TO.  Tomlinson should get you more than TO and Dominick Davis IMO.

Zanshin

How many teams are in the league?

mikey418

It's a small league....6 people.  He has Portis/Green/Davis at RB and his WRs are Hard/Owens/Harrison - he got Harrison and Portis in different trades.

I had Portis, but gave him Portis and Aaron Brooks for McNabb/Westy.  He then traded Roy Williams and Edge for Harrison and Vick..... :paranoid
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

Zanshin

If it isn't a keeper league, I'd probably make the deal.  Your receivers aren't great for a 6-team league, and it's always nice to have a top-tier WR/QB combo going for you.

If you can get one of his RBs, so much the better-- but I don't think D. Davis would do much for you considering the other guys on your roster.

Diomedes

RB depth is fantasy gold.  I don't make that trade unless it gets sweetened up.  LT is worth way more than TO, even if you do have lots of RB depth.  You're one bad injury Sunday away from having shteine for RB if you trade LT away, and as JTrotterFan knows well, without RBs, you're dead in the water.  Get more for LT before you ship him off.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

I'd agree...but it is a 6-team league, and it's not like they start 5 RBs every week.

RomeyRome

Keep Tomlinson unless you trade Tomlinson and Chad Johnson for 2 of his TOP WRs and a mid-level RB for depth.