Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJ72

I'm probably going to lay pretty low for awhile but I'll be tipping a couple back during the game to ya'll. I'm not a huge believer in jinxes :paranoid but I don't wanna find out.  :)

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I sincerely hope the Eagles aren't stupid enough to rile up the Patriots with trash talk.  I winced when I saw that comment from perennially retarded Lane Johnson.   Just shut the hell up and play the compliment game for the next two weeks.   

ice grillin you

smeags

we didn't get picked for the lottery tickets. shame, could've paid for season tickets for a couple years.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: Rome on January 23, 2018, 08:00:15 AM
I sincerely hope the Eagles aren't stupid enough to rile up the Patriots with trash talk.  I winced when I saw that comment from perennially retarded Lane Johnson.   Just shut the hell up and play the compliment game for the next two weeks.

I was thinking this too...Freddie farging Mitchell. Most teams I wouldn't care much about the trash talk but the Patriots thrive on that shtein.

ice grillin you

the patriots were going to only give 90 percent in the superbowl with lane johnson spouting off they are now going to give 100 percent

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 23, 2018, 08:29:05 AM
the patriots were going to only give 90 percent in the superbowl with lane johnson spouting off they are now going to give 100 percent

Yes, it's always a good idea to pour kerosene on a raging fire.  I mean, how bad can it be if you make it worse?

ice grillin you

im quite certain both teams will be giving their all in the superbowl

i remember one time at a flyers game the team was down 3-0 in the first period and a guy behind me yelled for them to get their heads in the game

they lost 7-1

it was then that i realized what people say does not change the outcome of sporting events

SD

The great ones, Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, etc. thrive by playing with a chip on their shoulder. The Eagles thrived off being disrespected and being the underdogs. Before the 2004 Eagles/Pats SB Bellichek was showing the Pats players the Eagles parade routes to make them feel disrespected. Sports psychology.

Rome

The evidence is indisputable that motivation plays a huge part in the outcome of sporting events.  It's not even debatable, so I'll just say STFU Eagles and leave it at that.

ice grillin you

yeah thats not how sports works

its very possible tom brady and bill belicheck have never heard of lane johnson and wont until they start looking at film

i can assure you they are not going to prepare better or try harder in the superbowl because of something silly an offensive lineman said

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on January 23, 2018, 09:02:44 AM
The evidence is indisputable that motivation plays a huge part in the outcome of sporting events. 

sorry...its a neat narrative to talk about but it just doesnt exist....and even if it did it would never come into play in a championship game

talent and execution wins games

SD

Quote from: Rome on January 23, 2018, 09:02:44 AM
The evidence is indisputable that motivation plays a huge part in the outcome of sporting events.  It's not even debatable, so I'll just say STFU Eagles and leave it at that.

:yay