Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, August 30, 2022, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Don't know what the Eagles gave the Saints yet...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Eagles get the player and a 2025 7th rounder
Saints get Eagles' 5th round in '23 draft, and the worse of Eagles' 2 6th round picks in '24 draft.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on August 30, 2022, 11:51:49 AM
lol

https://youtu.be/abdQIv40mSE

lol

Wims has issues

Still only 24 and he's a good player and they were desperate at safety. Saints fans loved him, were pissed he was traded and thought they were getting an early round pick for him.

https://saintsreport.com/threads/saints-trade-cjgj-to-philly.478268/

MDS

how good of a player can he be if he was traded for essentially nothing?

hes better than what they had, thats for sure
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on August 30, 2022, 12:17:47 PM

If you're really (really) bored read that Saints thread. Around page 8 or 9 when they see how little they got it's full on meltdown mode. The way they're flipping out is telling.

Diomedes

Looks like he's the new starting FS, so we'll find out pretty quickly.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on August 30, 2022, 12:19:58 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 30, 2022, 12:17:47 PM

If you're really (really) bored read that Saints thread. Around page 8 or 9 when they see how little they got it's full on meltdown mode. The way they're flipping out is telling.

their fans loving him is a fine but the rest of the league evidently didnt think much of him if he was traded for a few day 3 picks. i know hes in the last year of his deal and plays a position that is being devalued, but still

regardless they got a starting caliber safety who shtein talks a ton for a bag of dildos...IN
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

next question then:  does he get a new contract immediately?  or they let him play half a season or so at FS before that?

Rome

I don't know if you heathens have ever seen the Peter Sellers' film, "Being There" but his character's name was Chauncey Gardner. 

Seriously one of the best satirical movies ever made.

That's it.  That's all I got here. 

SD

https://twitter.com/CGJXXIII/status/1564642482322907136 20&t=khyP4UDy4s1I-eJQ406TGA

Supposedly had some conflicts with the coaching staff so maybe he's a bit of a problem child but the way they're crying it's like he was a future hofer. I might eat these words but I think there's enough strong personalities on D and the locker room in general to keep him in line if the reports are accurate. He also wants a new deal...I'm not sure the birds cap situation but I'm assuming Howie has a plan or maybe the promise from moving from slot cb to full time safety was intriguing enough to convince him to play on his rookie deal.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on August 30, 2022, 01:19:44 PM
I don't know if you heathens have ever seen the Peter Sellers' film, "Being There" but his character's name was Chauncey Gardner. 

I seen it.

Was hearing some national reporter buzz the last few days assuming the Eagles were going to make a trade for a safety. Didn't seem to be on the radar of the local beat guys, although obviously the position was a known weakness.

Expiring contract, deeply devalued position. That's all I got to explain how cheap he was.

Diomedes

He was supposedly a toxic malcontent, disrespectful to coaches, etc.  Whole org knew he wasn't gonna be there after this year, so it was cut bait time.

Judging from some footage of him talking to the press, I'll say dude is an icehole to most people he meets.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on August 30, 2022, 01:19:44 PM

Seriously one of the best satirical movies ever made.

That's it.  That's all I got here.

Great movie!  "I like to watch" is all time.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I stopped my analysis on newbies after I touted Davion Taylor to ya'll.

I think I did the same with Timmy Chang anf Nate Ilaoa.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.