Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

My neighbor has one with a V-6. That Damn thing will shtein and git.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2007, 10:17:24 PM
Not to mention hella faster than you'd like to admit?

Still doesn't mean they aren't crap. :)

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Working a Honda or whatever is great, as long as you're actually doing performance modifications to it. Whale tails, neon lights, and fartcan mufflers are not legitimate performance mods.

Diomedes

Agreed.  Same can be said for American whips.  You as much nasty "body work" on domestic cars as imports.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

True. But the popularity of Fast and the Furious encouraged lots of moronic ricers out there.

I was at a Mustang show this summer, and I came across this:

Now I appreciate the whole theme thing, and I'm sure his bike is fast. But in my book, lambo doors and all that fiberglass on a Stang is just sick and wrong. Granted that the guy did some nice work on the powerplant, so he gets partial credit.

Diomedes

Yeah, and the motorcycle appears to be stock.  Zzzzz...

Susquehanna Birder

The guy was proud of the fact that the paint was a factory Mitsubishi color, so I suspect that he at least repainted the bike.

Diomedes

Okay.  Well, that's not cheap if it's done well.  Still...meh.

Sgt PSN

These little fast and the furious wannabees riding around in their 4 banger Lancers, Neons and Civics can suck on my corn hole with a farging silly straw.  I especially hate the little flags that throw a coffee can on their muffler and think they're the shtein based on the fact that their car sounds like my weed wacker. 

However, I love when these little half assed Vin Diesel clones roll up next to me at a red light when I'm in my stang and start reving their engine.  I love it even more when the light turns green and they jump on the gas and cycle through all 5 gears by the time we hit 70mph and I'm still in 2nd.  Then I flip them off, drop the hammer and give 'em a spectacular view of my license plate.  farging ricers. 

PhillyPhreak54

Good job Sarge.

Whats even better is when you dude is trying to show out for his girl in the seat next to him. I had one guy tell me how bad he was going to smoke me and I he tells his girl watch how bad he's going to kill me. I had a blown 306. I had him beat by the top of 2nd gear and didn't even get on it.

Diomedes

This is like listening to Harley brutes talk shtein about Ricers.  yawn

Beermonkey

I just want to chime in and say that I find this thread extremely fascinating, though I was never able to get "into" cars like I wanted when I was a teenager. When your parents buy you a powder blue, Plymouth Volare as your first car instead of the midnight blue 1972 Camaro that you wanted, it takes the wind out of potential car interest.

I am also very dissappointed that no one jumped on the obvious chance to comment on SD "rebuilding trannys".  >:(

Diomedes

I got one of these for Christmas, easily my favorite present of the year:

15" Snap On breaker bar.

BlueHeart

Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...