Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Lady Stoneheart would've been a disaster in the show I think.

I do agree more episodes would've been better in general.

I think the reason they did it this way is they pay the cast on a per episode basis and costs start skyrocketing if we're talking about 10/10 episodes the final two years.

Eagles_Legendz

Dead Sunday:

Theon
Beric
Jorah
Tormund
Missandei
Podrick

Everyone expects GW to die but chekov's crypts means someone is going to die there so I think the twist is Missandei not GW dies.  I find it hard to believe the show will kill Gilly and little Sam and someone important needs to die down there.  I think the only other main-ish character who will be there is Varys and I'll be pretty pissed if he dies without doing a single thing this year.

Eagles_Legendz

But I think this is a feint on the shows part.  Everything, ALL marketing has been about this battle, the 55 consecutive nights to shoot it etc.  There has been basically nothing post episode 3.  Sapochnick is directing episode 5 too.  Now I don't know that the scale will necessarily be bigger in that episode but I think a giant confrontation happens then.  Cersei for as much as I love the character isn't compelling enough as the final antagonist, so it needs to be either the NK or Dany goes off the deep end (my preference and the best conclusion to the story in my eyes to set up a truly compelling finale but I don't think the show does that). 

Munson

The marketing for this season has been "For The Throne" so even though this is the big battle, I think they ultimately want the last three episodes to be about the throne and not the war for the dawn
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on April 23, 2019, 08:06:40 PM
The marketing for this season has been "For The Throne" so even though this is the big battle, I think they ultimately want the last three episodes to be about the throne and not the war for the dawn

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/8/18300583/game-of-thrones-hbo-season-8-george-rr-martin-iron-throne-cersei-lannister-changing-stakes

Winter is coming

phattymatty

Gonna come down to jon snow and dany and dany's gonna do something dumb and jon gonna smoke her.

QB Eagles

Man did the writing on this show go to shtein once they got off the books.

phattymatty

I know let's make this really dark and snowy for the entire 85 minutes so no one has any idea who lives or dies.

Oh yeah let's just kill the Night King too.

*high five*

SD

Pretty much...my screen was blurs and shadows and a pixelated mess. The Night King should have been the end boss and not Cersei.

Munson

My screen was fine, only parts I really felt were too dark were the dragon flights through the storm.

Otherwise I think most of the "dark" parts were more just the absolute chaos of the army of the dead overwhelming everyone. Of course I was watching on tv and not a feed which everyone seemed to have much worse picture for.

shtein was insane. One hell of an adrenaline rush. Sad about Lyanna and Edd.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

how the farg has jon snow lasted this long. dude thought he was gonna kill the dragon by yelling at it?  he's very lucky he has a badass fake sister.

QB Eagles

SD

Quote from: Munson on April 29, 2019, 05:02:20 PM
My screen was fine, only parts I really felt were too dark were the dragon flights through the storm.

Otherwise I think most of the "dark" parts were more just the absolute chaos of the army of the dead overwhelming everyone. Of course I was watching on tv and not a feed which everyone seemed to have much worse picture for.

shtein was insane. One hell of an adrenaline rush. Sad about Lyanna and Edd.

The issue was with the way the different shades of blacks came through on the cable feed. It looked like a water blurry mess. It was like driving in the dark on a rainy night without defrosters or windshield wipers. You couldn't see shtein. I rewatched it just now on my phone and it was fine.

Munson

Yeah I've heard people who re-watched it said it looked insanely better on the 2nd watch.

It's about to replay now on HBO, I'm gonna see if it looks any different or if I gotta go your way and watch it on a phone/computer instead.

But last night really the only parts I felt were too dark were the dragons flying in the snow storm....at that point it was supposed to be dark and messy but it was just too hard to tell which dragon/flyer we were looking at now. THe fight scenes I thought were fine light wise, though the editing was at breakneck pace at times where it was hard to tell who was fighting who.

QB Eagles

Much like Arya with the Night King, maybe they'll have some random character kill Cersei. Like just when it looks like Cersei's won, Davos Seaworth runs up and slits her throat. Truly poetic storytelling.