The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Snoop would be okay playing himself. But Ignoramus is right, it would deflect from the show to have a man such as D-o Double G on the show. Besides being the coolest motherfarger on the planet, you can't take anything he does seriously or see him for anything else besides Snoop. So it wouldn't work.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

But Ignoramus is right

twice in two days

lather me with wiz mds im on a roll
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Got season one disc one on deck on dvdavenue.com

holla
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

and the best part...after you watch it you can peruse the various locales of bodymore, murderland

fayette and fulton is a good starting point

Diomedes

I've already got plans to start a tour bus route, called Stop Snitchin', See the Real Life Wire.

'Melo is gonna be in the ads and the guests will all get polyurethane crack pipe souvenirs to go with thier size XXXXXXXXXL white tees
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Not a bad idea Dio, you just need to find a way to collect food stamps
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

some wire info from the washington post:

Coming to HBO: 'The Wire' at The Post

Making a rare screen appearance as itself: The Washington Post. A crew from HBO's "The Wire" spent more than six hours filming in our very own offices Sunday, the first time in anyone's recent memory that a movie or TV show has been allowed to shoot here. (Even "All the President's Men" had to re-create the newsroom on a sound stage, and that one was all about us. Word is that some bosses here are big fans of the gritty Baltimore crime drama.)

The plot of the fifth season (set to air early next year) focuses on the media, with some scenes filmed at the Baltimore Sun; Sunday's shoot involved a reporter interviewing for a job at The Post. Style chief Deb Heard's office played the office of a fictional Post Metro editor. (Note to hard-core fans: Apparently it was all new characters, so, no -- McNulty, Avon and Omar weren't here.)

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 05, 2007, 08:44:03 AM
Apparently it was all new characters, so, no -- McNulty, Avon and Omar weren't here.)[/b]

so avon or omar weren't interviewing for a job with the Post?  unbelievable.

Seabiscuit36

At first i didnt want them to pursue the Media angle, but considering how i felt about the direction last season took, i cant wait for anything they put together
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

chase hasnt come off his inittial arc since the series started...it was always meant to be five seasons and each season has been made how it was orignally intended...chase has said that if they had more good ideas they would push hbo for more seasons...but they want it to play out the way they set forth from the start

Diomedes

chevy chase are smurt

ice grillin you

btw anyone that wants to read an amazing book should check out david simons "homocide"....its indescribably dope...the opening scene from the wires first ever episode is pulled word for word from it

also here is simon and chases iraq mini series....

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117960260.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

MDS

david chase created the sopranos
david simon and ed burns created the wire

igs.....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

gotta read E! magazine a little closer, hon.

ice grillin you

ed burns x 2 larry david david chase simon david

all the same person

the important thing is that everyone knows that the wire is the greatest piece of art ever brought to the little screen