BCS Championship Game Thread - USC vs. Texas

Started by Rome, January 04, 2006, 03:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

they have finals as much as they have tests papers projects and labs during a game week btwn september and december
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

None of the PSU basketball players showed up for the "Natural Disasters: Hollywood vs. Reality" final... and that's just PSU basketball.  You don't think players on BCS-caliber college football teams get all kinds of "help"??

P.S.  Yes, I took that class for science gen-ed credit.  Here's an article that attributes popularity to disasters happening around the world, which is hilarious because the popularity is only growing as the word of mouth on how stinking easy it is moves around the campus.

MadMarchHare

Bill Simmons' game log - worth a read.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060105

My favorite passage:

Quote8:40 -- Let's be honest -- there's no way Vince can succeed in the NFL with that throwing motion. It's impossible. It can't happen. I'm telling you. There has never been a successful NFL quarterback who threw like that. And by "that," I mean, "throws like someone who just realized they have dog poop on their hand and is trying to fling it off."
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote8:58 -- All right, is there a dumber sports rule than "If your knee hits the ground, the play is over ... even if if you weren't touched" in college football? That's right up there with "You can't just intentionally walk someone, you have to throw four balls," "You don't get an extra foul for overtime," "You can call a timeout while you're in midair" and "You aren't allowed to punch A-Rod in the face during a game" in the pantheon of Dumb Rules That Only Make Sports Less Fun.

Ha!

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Quote from: rjs246 on January 05, 2006, 12:12:00 PM
College football players don't have any more finals than I had this past december.

Wah, wah, wah.

Great game. Sucks that USC lost...but great game. It's like that rare boxing match that has you going up and down emotionally. USC tried to help their non-existent defense by playing zone all day...Vince Young is a monster.

Now, the pressure is off SC...now they can go about this next season without pressure to keep it up...although it would have been nice...but 2 championships was good...we'll be back. (What do you mean 'we' white man?)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

Game got a 20.6/31. Huge numbers. Hooray for everyone getting even more money.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

henchmanUK

"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London