BCS Championship Game Thread - USC vs. Texas

Started by Rome, January 04, 2006, 03:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTrotter Fan

Bush is saying he is gonna think about it now.  Boy...if he stays...that throws a wrench in those draft plans.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 04, 2006, 07:32:58 PM
I usually get sick of the "no respect" angle that a lot of teams take these days. But Texas has a legit beef. ESPN was running polls about USC vs. the all time great teams and made no mention of Texas at all.

I am rooting for Texas, obviously.

Texas - 41
USC - 37

Holy crap, Phreak.  You were pretty damn close.

Seabiscuit36

Great game....If Young comes out trade Donovan and a first to get young  ;)  Vince Young is so clutch in that type of game its amazing. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i have no problem with USC going for it on 4th down, Texas' offense was hot, you couldn't punt the ball back to them.  i do have a problem with them running a slow developing counter play.  you should've spread them out, with Reggie Bush out wide.  if the defense respects the spread formation, you run up the middle with White, if they don't you throw a quick screen to Bush.

also, Bush's lateral fumble was a huge turning point.  in the beginning of the game, Texas was too hyper, trying too hard to prove they believed.  if USC could've went up 2 scores there, it really could've changed how the rest of the game went.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

on that fumble all the usc fans are blaming dook who bush tried to pitch it to....because apparently he called for it...lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 05, 2006, 07:09:32 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 04, 2006, 07:32:58 PM
I usually get sick of the "no respect" angle that a lot of teams take these days. But Texas has a legit beef. ESPN was running polls about USC vs. the all time great teams and made no mention of Texas at all.

I am rooting for Texas, obviously.

Texas - 41
USC - 37

Holy crap, Phreak.  You were pretty damn close.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!

That was a great game to watch. I was worried early on because of the stupid turnovers, and even thought it was over there for awhile.

I actually thought Carroll should've punted it. I would've had no problem if he went for it and Reggie Bush was in the game. But he was standing next to Pete ala Westbrook in Washington when Donny Mac threw the INT. I understand Texas' offense was hot, but you put them at at least 80 yards to go with 2:00 and a heap o' pressure. They went for it early and got stuffed on the sneak and they got stuffed again. Texas loaded up the front and knew what was coming with White. Bush should've been in there. But hey, I'll take it.

2. Vince Young needs to go pro now. LenDale White made him some more money last night. Reggie Bush is flat out amazing. Dwyane Jarrett is going to be a very good NFL WR in 2007.

1. New York - Reggie Bush
2. New Orleans - Vince Young
3. Tennessee - Matt Leinart
4. Houston - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

I'm still all over that Bush to NYJ thing. But even if I'm wrong and Houston does go Bush at 1, NO is going to take Young I bet. And that will leave Norn Chow a happy dude in Tenny.

MadMarchHare

Hell, Houston might want Young.  Since they can't seem to block for shtein, they might as well have a guy that can run away effectively.
Anyone but Reid.

SunMo

this game, and the Orange Bowl for that matter, are examples of why they wait too long to play these bowl games.  although both games have been exciting, neither one was very well played.  the teams have too much time off and it's almost like they are playing the 1st game of the season, except it's the most important game of the season.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Cerevant

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 05, 2006, 10:08:25 AM
this game, and the Orange Bowl for that matter, are examples of why they wait too long to play these bowl games.  although both games have been exciting, neither one was very well played.  the teams have too much time off and it's almost like they are playing the 1st game of the season, except it's the most important game of the season.

Which further adds to the bullshtein story that there isn't time for a playoff...most of these teams sit around picking their asses for a full month.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

MURP

what a great game to watch.  Some amazing players in that one.   I agreed with USC to go for it on 4th down but I would have given it to Bush and not White.   Gotta let your heisman player do his thing.

BigEd76

Quote from: Cerevant on January 05, 2006, 10:16:03 AMmost of these teams sit around picking their asses for a full month.

College kids have something in December called "finals".  Maybe you've heard of them?  :)

MadMarchHare

Football players aren't "college kids".  They're unsalaried professional athletes.
Especially on teams in BCS games.
Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

College football players don't have any more finals than I had this past december.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.