SIXERS 2005-2006 SEASON THREAD

Started by PhillyGirl, October 07, 2005, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTrotter Fan

Yes...and that means it's about the whole TEAM and if needs to put up shots...then so be it. 

If you don't like AI then root for another team or somethin.  Quit complainin.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

MDS

Quote from: mhunt on October 15, 2005, 06:01:40 PM
i see the ai groupies are out in full force. ::) 

maybe you're happy with a mediocre team as long as your hero scores 30....i'm not.
and ai chucking up shots in the preseason isn't gonna help his TEAMmates develop one bit.

cause its iverson fault they arent as good as miami, detroit or indiana.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

Quote from: The Waco Kid on October 15, 2005, 06:05:43 PM
Yes...and that means it's about the whole TEAM and if needs to put up shots...then so be it. 

can you please edit that so it makes sense.  :P

QuoteIf you don't like AI then root for another team or somethin.  Quit complainin.

like most ai groupies, you fail to realize that iverson is not the entire team.  it's the philadelphia 76ers, not the philadelphia iversons. :-D
i was a sixers' fan before iverson & i'll be one when he's long gone...wish i could say the same for all the ai bandwagoners.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hunt

Quote from: MDS on October 15, 2005, 06:13:27 PM

maybe you're happy with a mediocre team as long as your hero scores 30....i'm not.
and ai chucking up shots in the preseason isn't gonna help his TEAMmates develop one bit.

cause its iverson fault they arent as good as miami, detroit or indiana.

who said that?

MDS

mhunt is teh ghey
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

Quotecause its iverson fault they arent as good as miami, detroit or indiana.

yeah...those 2 statements are exactly the same. ::)

too many high school age iverson groupies make up the sixers "fan" base & you continue to prove it. :-D

well, at least you have your gay jokes. :yay

Sgt PSN

I don't always agree with hunt's ripping of AI but I actually agree with him somewhat on this one.  It's a preseason game so it would be nice to see some of the other players taking shots and showing what they can do.  We all know what AI can do so there's really no need to him to be taking so many shots.

So in that sense, mhunt makes a good point. 

At the same time though, if AI is on the floor he's going to take shots.  Practice like you play.  So you really can't blame AI for taking shots.  It's what he does.  So if you don't want to see AI jacking up a bunch of shots during a preseason game then the complaining should go towards Mo for leaving him in the game for so long, not AI. 

JTrotter Fan

Well my old ass certainly isn't high school age...i can only wish i was. 
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

MDS

its a preseason game. did anyone see it on tv? maybe a few of those 3's were prayers at the end of the quarter or shot clock. whatever.

hunt

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 15, 2005, 06:27:43 PM
I don't always agree with hunt's ripping of AI but I actually agree with him somewhat on this one.  It's a preseason game so it would be nice to see some of the other players taking shots and showing what they can do.  We all know what AI can do so there's really no need to him to be taking so many shots.

So in that sense, mhunt makes a good point. 

of course i do...let the youngsters take some damn shots.  we already know what ai can do.

At the same time though, if AI is on the floor he's going to take shots.  Practice like you play.  So you really can't blame AI for taking shots.  It's what he does.  So if you don't want to see AI jacking up a bunch of shots during a preseason game then the complaining should go towards Mo for leaving him in the game for so long, not AI. 

true...i keep hoping things will change but i need to realize that he'll always be among the league leaders in shot attempts.  he can't help himself.

PhillyPhreak54

Why is anyone who likes AI an "AI fluffer" or "AI groupie"?

I , like you hunt, was a fan of the Sixers pre-AI. But I love Iverson too. and he is one of the best players in the NBA bar none. I do not get why the dude is hated on soooo much in this city.

What do you want AI to do this year, hunt? What can he do to be "all team" like you want? Should he continue to pass the ball to his teammates when they can't drain a shot? Why give it up to a zesty player who sucks when he ca score?

He also doesn't have Webber & Dalembert playing. Oh yeah...and its preseason.

WEST is GOD

He isn't hated much in the city. I don't know anyone personally that hates him.

hunt  = joke account
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

hunt

QuoteWhy is anyone who likes AI an "AI fluffer" or "AI groupie"?

the people who are blind to his faults are the groupies.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 15, 2005, 08:22:15 PM

What do you want AI to do this year, hunt? What can he do to be "all team" like you want?

pass the ball to the open man, play team defense, etc....like a team player should.

hunt

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 15, 2005, 08:43:46 PM
hunt  = joke account

another ai groupie who has to throw out personal insults when his hero is questioned...you people are an embarassment to real sixers fans.
go away.

WEST is GOD

You consider that a personal insult?

What would it be if I called you ugly then?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.