Soccer - World Cup Qualifying

Started by PhillyandBCEagles, February 13, 2005, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on December 10, 2005, 10:37:03 AM
I like World Cup.  I'm ignorant to it.  But last World Cup, I dragged myself out of bed to go to packed bars and drink at unnatural hours.  I've rarely had so much fun at a bar than during World Cup.  It always makes me wish the Eagles fans would sing something other than that tired old fight song, too. 

I watched the USA play whomever the last time they played in the World Cup at like 9:30 in the morning at some English Taproom in Orlando.  I'm fairly certain I was the only American in there at the time, but you're right, it was pretty cool watching people get worked up about a sport that I personally couldn't care less about.  Plus the added benefit of drinking in the morning was nice but then again, that's always nice regardless of what you're watching.

DutchBird

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on December 10, 2005, 10:42:17 AM
I like World Cup.  I'm ignorant to it.  But last World Cup, I dragged myself out of bed to go to packed bars and drink at unnatural hours.  I've rarely had so much fun at a bar than during World Cup.  It always makes me wish the Eagles fans would sing something other than that tired old fight song, too. 

I watched the USA play whomever the last time they played in the World Cup at like 9:30 in the morning at some English Taproom in Orlando.  I'm fairly certain I was the only American in there at the time, but you're right, it was pretty cool watching people get worked up about a sport that I personally couldn't care less about.  Plus the added benefit of drinking in the morning was nice but then again, that's always nice regardless of what you're watching.

I believe I am pretty much stuck doing the same for part of the WC, as I'll be somewhere between San Fransisco and New York at the time...  I am actually looking forward to it...
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

NGM

Good news.  U.S.A.s first game is at noon on the 17th of June.  Lunch time drunk.  :yay
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

henchmanUK

I fargin' love the World Cup, me! I watched the draw and filled in my wallchart as it happened and everything! I think the USA and Czech are going to qualify leaving Italy out! There is always one huge shock in the group stages and this could be it! My advice to everyone, watch Brazil. They are the reason soccer is called "The Beautiful Game".
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

rjs246

Did I write this post?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.