Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Howie did it again. Magically made $8.2M in new cap space appear out of Lane Johnson's contract.

SD

Have a feeling he's not done with the restructuring. They have money to be players in free agency. Doubt they go after any of the top tier f/a's but he's done well with second tier players.

MDS

eagles twitter wants lev bell which is...not something i endorse
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on March 06, 2019, 01:11:10 PM
eagles twitter wants lev bell which is...not something i endorse

If they were to get a disgruntled Steeler I would vastly prefer AB, not that I endorse what it would take to trade for him either.

ice grillin you

corey clement has won more post season wins than leveon bell
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

With the Bennett trade the birds are now $26 million under the cap. Have a feeling Howie ain't done moving salary yet. Big question is what happens with Peters.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

There's Tevin Coleman rumors floating around...like him don't love him. Hope they don't overpay for a back.

QB Eagles

Can't really think of any RB deal I'd be excited to see them make.

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on March 08, 2019, 04:11:17 PMBig question is what happens with Peters.

And Long?  What's his story?  Dunno that I'm too eager for his return.  Much like Bennett, I wonder:  how likely are these old dudes to equal last years performance next year?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I don't remember Long having a great year last year. They could free up $5.3 mil if they cut him, but he's probably worth keeping.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

long was a very nice rotational guy last year...not bennent good....but easily an above average back of the rotation pass rusher.....that said it would make little sense to get rid of bennent and keep long

SD

Long was absent 3/4's the way through the season then he turned it on. I have a feeling he comes back if for no other reason than to flaunt his Walter Payton man of the year patch. He's a team leader and good edge rusher so he has a role.

Bennett was easily their best DE once Barnett went down and he was able to get starters reps. Lil guy touched on this in the Bennett thread but he was disgruntled over playing time, once Barnett went down he shut his mouth and played well. No idea if that's why they traded him.

I like Sweats ceiling, he's raw but has the tools to be a good DE.

DT is a real issue. I wouldn't mind seeing Jernigan back at a reduced rate but I'm sure they've already tried that route with him.

General_Failure

What I read is they talked about a pay cut for him, he said he'd rather be paid more money.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Reports say it had nothing to do with that...eagles have been trying to move him for a while

guess we will find out if he ends up with the Pats or not...cause if he's being completely unreasonable they will just release him