Gardner Minshew II, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Geowhizzer, August 28, 2021, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

SD

Diomedes

Ha.  He's a character, this should be fun.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Not ideal to have to spend a pick on a 3rd string QB, but hey, Minshew's career and 2020 passer ratings are higher than Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts, Nick Mullens, or Joe Flacco.

MDS

its a good deal on the surface...conditional 6th for a frisky backup with another year of control

on the other hand minshew is the embodiment of white trash and in fact unironically embraces it. the moment hurts throws a pick, which with his accuracy wont take long, the MAGA idiots and other general racists will be calling for him. thats like 95% of the fan base. WIP will play into this and off we will go.

to be fair hurts and minshew are about as good as each other, in fact minshew might be better. but this feels like its gonna get ugly.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

So what is the point here?  They're gonna keep three QBs??

That will put a pinch on the 53....especially if they're actually going to keep the likes of Dillard and JJAW, bums both. 

I like Minshew.  I think he's a fighter and I like his attitude.  He came cheap and that's cool...but I don't see what the point is.  COVID will mean the team needs ample QB options?  Is Flacco #2, or #3?  What's his role, mentor the kids? 

It's strange.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Minshew is the #3 and unlike Flacco they control him next season, so he can serve as a satisfactory bridge QB if Hurts busts this season.

QB Eagles

As for the 53, from what I saw of reports out of camp and the preseason games, I don't think there's 53 bonafide NFL players on the roster, so why not go three QBs.

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on August 29, 2021, 05:30:21 PM
So what is the point here?  They're gonna keep three QBs??

yes

its a combo of: qb factory, getting someone who maybe (?) can play a little considering you have a starter who probably isnt starter quality, having a viable backup for 22 and covid insurance.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.