2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on April 24, 2018, 03:48:58 PM...Chubb ... [is] a certified monster.  I just hope he doesn't land with the Giants. 

Let them take a QB.  I don't know much about this year's draft, and less about college football, but this dude has broken through the fog enough for me to agree.  I hope the Eagles don't have to face him twice a year.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

So, is there a working theory on how the Browns will farg this draft up? Or is everyone letting the Browns be the Browns?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on April 26, 2018, 12:45:20 PM
So, is there a working theory on how the Browns will farg this draft up? Or is everyone letting the Browns be the Browns?

Pretty simple. If they come out of the top 4 with a bust QB and another player who doesnt project to be a star for the next decade, they farged up.

hbionic

How much must they hate to be in this position again?

They've proved to NEVER get it right. Poor team. How can you strike out so many times? They're so snake bitten, that even when they were too afraid to pull the trigger, they traded away the Wentz pick.

Hope their luck changes. It would suck for it to be another bust if they get this wrong.

Rome

farg them bitches.  When Hue Jackson ran his mouth about Wentz after the ginger proved him wrong, that was the final nail in their coffin as far as I'm concerned.  They've had how many chances to get it right?   I mean, Christ... even a busted clock is right twice a day.

hbionic

It sounded like the GM overrode Hue Jackson. Thank god.

Paul DePodesta...the icehole that ran the Dodgers for a while...he's a joke.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2018, 01:47:06 PM
farg them bitches.  When Hue Jackson ran his mouth about Wentz after the ginger proved him wrong, that was the final nail in their coffin as far as I'm concerned. 

you are thinking about paul depodesta who said wentz wasnt a top 20 prospect....hue absolutely loved him and wanted him even over goff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

I saw a mock today that showed them picking Darnold, then Chubb...and then trading up to the 32 spot and grabbing Guice. If they could pull that off (which I doubt), they'd be in pretty good shape. But then again...it's Cleveland.

QB Eagles

I can't imagine that Hue has a lot of input into these picks.

Worst case scenario for the Browns would probably be taking Mayfield or Allen #1 (and the pick subsequently busting), then taking Barkley #4 (and him being pretty good for the next 4 years but ultimately not an important enough role to be a difference maker). Of course if Mayfield plays like vet Drew Brees right off the bat, they're fine.

Taking a can't miss stud like Chubb or Nelson #4 would be amazing insurance for them if they want to chase a boom-or-bust QB.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2018, 02:25:29 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2018, 01:47:06 PM
farg them bitches.  When Hue Jackson ran his mouth about Wentz after the ginger proved him wrong, that was the final nail in their coffin as far as I'm concerned. 

you are thinking about paul depodesta who said wentz wasnt a top 20 prospect....hue absolutely loved him and wanted him even over goff

This is what he said verbatim:

Quote"No, we haven't (second-guessed ourselves),'' Jackson said. "That's one thing I can tell you for sure has not happened. He had a good game, a great game if you guys want to term it that, and I respect that. He's a fine young man and they have good coaches and a good organization, and he is going to do well for them, but that was one game.

"He played well. Like I said, we'll look back and see where he is over a period of time, but the Browns have to get better. That's what we have to do. We have to play better, and I think we all understand that."

He's either lying or being a company man there.  Whatever the case, farg Cleveland.

PS: Gimme LeBron while you're at it, bitches.  LOL

Rome

Quote from: hbionic on April 26, 2018, 01:55:27 PM
It sounded like the GM overrode Hue Jackson. Thank god.

Paul DePodesta...the icehole that ran the Dodgers for a while...he's a joke.

The character played by Jonah Hill in Moneyball is based on him too.

MDS

what picks do the eagles have
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its been what everyone has been saying for weeks now but the way its played out has made it even more the ultimate trade back spot

no one obvious has dropped

ice grillin you

if they dont trade back then id go connor williams

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds