Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

rodney mcleod out for the year at arguably their weakest position in terms of depth.....not good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

So what to do?  Graham fills behind him?  Move Mills or Douglas to safety?  Maddox to slot?  Sidney Jones outside?

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

gotta be graham this week as i cant imagine any corner would be prepared for a position change in that short of time if anyone on the roster could ever qualify to make that move

if theres anyone it seems like mills has some of that skill set...but what he or really anyone else wont be able to replace is mcleods tackling and overall physicality...graham cant cover and mills aint scaring anyone

no matter what happens its a big loss

i think the way you replace mcleoud is with pts....get alshon back and the offense clicking like it did last year with carson and you can offset the pts you are going to give up by losing rodney by outscoring people

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

In the short term it's likely Graham backed up by Sullivan, but they could sign a guy. Quintin Demps and Nate Allen are available.

MDS

wouldnt be surprised if bradham plays more snaps

graham will pretty much have to be a CF now
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 27, 2018, 12:36:08 PM
rodney mcleod out for the year at arguably their weakest position in terms of depth.....not good

That really blows. I was wondering why they were talking about trading for Earl Thomas on the radio.

PhillyPhreak54

Losing McLeod sucks

Reid signed with Carolina today too which I was hoping they'd take a shot at him

QB Eagles

How 21st century teams fared on their first attempt to start a dynasty:

2000 Rams - 10-6, lost Wild Card game (Vermeil retired)
2001 Ravens - 10-6, lost Divisional game
2002 Patriots - 8-8, missed playoffs
2003 Bucs - 7-9, missed playoffs
2006 Steelers - 8-8, missed playoffs
2007 Colts - 13-3, lost Divisional game
2008 Giants - 12-4, lost Divisional game
2010 Saints - 11-5, lost Wild Card game
2011 Packers - 15-1, lost Divisional game
2013 Ravens - 8-8, missed playoffs
2014 Seahawks - 12-4, lost Super Bowl
2016 Broncos - 9-7, missed playoffs (Manning retired)

If you count the Patriots dynasties separately then their second attempt to start a dynasty (2015) ended 12-4 and with a loss in the AFCCG. The Steelers and Giants also failed to make the playoffs after their second Super Bowl wins with Roethlisberger and Manning.

Only the Packers, Colts, and Seahawks won their first one and immediately stayed a dominant force in their conference. Two of those teams had like a top 3 all-time QB at the height of his powers. The Seahawks played in what was a very weak conference, where Aaron Rodgers was basically the only threat to prevent them from going back to the SB.

phattymatty

this is quite the stat

QuoteEagles secondary over the last six road games has allowed 2,111 Yds with 17 TDs and 3 INTs.

Don Ho

Holy shtein!

Jim Schwartz?  What's going on there?   Defense has become so blah.  How many times did he blitz yesterday?  Yes we all know the secondary is awful but they're going to get burned anyway so might as will send the house more than a few times a game.  MM carried the Titans yesterday, their offense sucks.  He was basically playing with half an arm.  Schwartz needed to send people and get in his face.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

QuoteHow many times did he blitz yesterday

I don't know, seemed to me more than he usually does, and at all the wrong times/places.  The coaches were stumped yesterday.

Don Ho

Yep he blitzed on that last play, third down, MM has to go the end zone, anything short Titans have to haul ass the FG team out there.  Schwartz should have had a 3 man rush max, spy to prevent MM from taking off and everyone else at the goal line & end zone.

AND did anyone else see the block from behind on Lewis' fourth down play?  Think it was #19 who threw it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

On Hicks, yeah.  But I'm not going to be caught bitching about refs in a game that the Eagles could have put away any number of times and didn't. 

Don Ho

True, this thing should have been put away in 3Q.  3 fourth down conversions on the same drive IN OT and MM's scramble on 3 & 19! There's the farging problem.