Golden Tate, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Munson, October 30, 2018, 01:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if they were 6-2 i would like it even more

but again your road to the bowl IF YOU MAKE IT is: car, @la, @no

im not saying you dont try but this seems highly unrealistic for them to do
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

basically to make the super bowl this year carson has to lose his mind and play way better than every other qb and carries them there...and like you said thats just not going to happen against cam goff and brees...they already lost to carolina at home and they are def losing at no and la and possibly going to get worked pretty badly doing it

basically howie traded a 3rd to try and win the division and once in hope for a miracle...cant hate on him for it as the eagles just lived thru a miracle season and in the nfl a half season is an eternity with injuries and stuff like that...also they have a qb who is on the very short list of best in the game so go for it...just that IMO winning the division is a toss up and odda to win a superbowl are super small and not worth giving up a 3 for a half season of someone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

howie admitting that they lost the trade if they dont win the super bowl

Quote"You're always trying to get the best price," he said. "There is no doubt about it. But we're not trying to win the trades. We're trying to get really good players. The message to our fans, to our players, to our coaches, to everyone in this organization is our foot is always going to be on the gas. We're always trying to win. We're always going to try to put our best foot forward. What we can do now is try to do that for this season and this moment. That's what we're going to do and that's our responsibility."

MDS

so i guess the point of golden tate is to put them over the top in these 5 games:

dal, @dal, wsh, hou, @wsh

the giants game they win without him...the saints and rams they are losing regardless

if they lose any one of those 5 games, especially to wash, they wont make it

they gave up a 3
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

But they gave up a third rounder, man. 

A.  THIRD.  ROUNDER.

SD

Quote from: Rome on October 31, 2018, 09:27:11 AM

A.  THIRD.  ROUNDER.

Dak was a 4th rounder

QB Eagles

They gave up the difference between a 2019 3rd rounder and a 2020 3rd or 4th rounder that they will get back when Tate walks. So the cost of this trade is not having the equivalent of a Josh Huff rookie year next season.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 31, 2018, 09:43:39 AM
They gave up the difference between a 2019 3rd rounder and a 2020 3rd or 4th rounder that they will get back when Tate walks.

it doesnt work exactly like that and again there is zero chance he garners a 3rd

if you like swinging for the fences then this trade is for you and thats a valid argument...one i dont happen to agree with but its legit anbd i dont hate howie for it....but trying to spin it as they didnt give up a lot for what they got doesnt fly

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Quote from: AO1 on October 31, 2018, 09:39:53 AM

A.  THIRD.  ROUNDER.

Dak was a 4th rounder

Well he is the best QB in the division. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on October 31, 2018, 09:39:53 AM

A.  THIRD.  ROUNDER.

Dak was a 4th rounder

so was avonte maddox

Rome

Clyde Simmons was a 9th rounder.  Thank goodness Howie can't waste one of those. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: Don Ho on October 31, 2018, 05:36:46 PM
You old fart

Simmons ended up in Jax after Buddy got canned in AZ.  My wife and I went to their training camp just to see him and I was wearing Birds gear.  I did the Eagles cheer as he was walking off the field and he made a bee line right to me. 

He was laughing and he said, "man you Philly guys are crazy."   He was really nice to us.