07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Mesa, Alfonseca and Eaton all sucked before Dubee coached them. 

SD_Eagle5

Mesa and Alfonseca had their time but their time has past. Eaton's another story, he hovered around a 4.00 ERA his entire career then came here and hovered around 6.00.

Sgt PSN

Definately wasn't implying that Mesa or Alfonseca have been horrible throughout thier careers.  But both of them were full of suck by the time Dubee got to them. 

SD_Eagle5

Sgt PSN

Don Ho

charlie just got a two year extension.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

2 years with a team option for the 3rd. Essentially assures that Amaro or Arbuckle will get the GM job when Gillick steps down. Joy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Did anyone really think Cholly would leave?

MDS

nope and its a good move. he is incompetent in game, but that wasn't the reason they were swept by colorado. if gillick goes out and gives him a bullpen to work with, perhaps things will be easier on ol' chuckles.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

AWESOME1

3 MORE YEARS OF 85-88 WINS AND NO CHAMPIONSHIPS YEAH11111111
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Good move.

He deserved to be brought back because of what he did with this team. He's a laughing stock to many, but that team played for him. How about Gillick and Monty go out and get the guy some pitching and see what happens.

SunMo

c'mon Phreak, it's not a good move...you give him pitching and he'll run it into the ground...just like he did with the pitching he had this year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.