07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Briere seriously looks like such a little pansy.  I think MDS could hold his own with him in the steel cage.

Seabiscuit36

I cant stand Briere, but he's fun to watch. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

QuoteNHL reinstates Maple Leafs' Mark Bell
Forward eligible to play Nov. 6 after serving 15-game suspension
Last Updated: Tuesday, October 2, 2007 | 7:10 PM ET
CBC Sports
Forward Mark Bell is a step closer to beginning life as a Toronto Maple Leaf after being released Tuesday from Stage 2 of the National Hockey League's substance abuse program.

But the former San Jose Shark will first have to serve a 15-game suspension.

Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell was reinstated Tuesday by the NHL.
(Frank Gunn/Canadian Press) That was the punishment handed down by NHL commissioner Gary Bettman after Bell pleaded no contest on Aug. 15 to drunk driving and hit-and-run charges. The charges stemmed from a Sept. 1, 2006, accident when he was a member of the Sharks.

Bell, who is due to serve six months in a California county jail at the end of the season, is eligible to return to action Nov. 6 against the visiting Ottawa Senators, who open the 2007-08 season in Toronto on Wednesday.

The 27-year-old native of St. Paul's, Ont., has said he hasn't had a drink since the incident.

Bell was arrested after his car rear-ended a pickup truck in an early morning accident in Milpitas, Calif., a town in the San Jose foothills. The driver of the truck received head injuries and cuts.

Toronto acquired Bell and goaltender Vesa Toskala from the Sharks on June 22 for first, second- and fourth-round draft picks.

Bell posted 11 goals and 21 points in 71 games for San Jose last season and has 83 goals and 172 points in 410 career NHL regular-season games with Chicago and the Sharks.

The former junior standout with the Ottawa 67's was selected by the Blackhawks with the eighth overall pick in the 1998 NHL entry draft.

Steve Downie 20 games for a late hit, and basically for knocking out a vet

Mark Bell, Drunk, hit and run, 15 games
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

It's clear the NHL hates the Flyers and is doing whatever they can to stifle the Flyers' chances at winning the Cup this year.

:D

ice grillin you

definitely a conspiracy

i just ordered my nhl package
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

I haven't been a big fan of hockey since the strike. Then went in the military and was overseas for three years.  I know precisely dick about this team, and all the new rules that have been added to the game. How best to brush up?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2007, 11:00:20 AM
definitely a conspiracy

i just ordered my nhl package
I called DTV and had my address changed to my uncles place in Ellicott City today so i can get the flyers games on the Centerice package.  

ice grillin you

I know precisely dick about this team, and all the new rules that have been added to the game. How best to brush up?

the flyers i would do the same things you do for the phils or eagles (whatever that is)

some might disagree but as far as rules there really hasnt been that many major changes other than no more two line passes

the crackdown on obstruction calls such as interference holding and hooking was a big change but its more of enforcement vs implementation
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Hockey sucks and I wish it would go away forever.  But until then.........Go Flyers!

dis12

$149 for NHL Center Ice the season.  what will I do with all the saving vs not paying for season tix.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PPinDC on October 04, 2007, 11:08:52 AM
I haven't been a big fan of hockey since the strike. Then went in the military and was overseas for three years.  I know precisely dick about this team, and all the new rules that have been added to the game. How best to brush up?

MDS

they're not winning anything with martin biron as the goalie. might as well put roman checkmanek back there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.