2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

the season is one week away, and i wanted to get win predictions from everyone and we can check it at the end of the year.  keep the other ST results and junk in the offseason thread until next monday.

as for me, i know you're not supposed to read too much into spring training results, but this team has not played well.  Howard has started slow and was already probably not going to match his numbers of last year.  Burrell is Burrell and will get his numbers, but usually not when they are needed.  the starting staff should be better but injuries are already cropping up.  the bullpen was a question going into the offseason and nothing has been done to reassure anyone.

they'll score runs, but they'll give them up too.  lose Gordon for any amount of time and they are cooked.

86 wins, no playoffs.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Dio: 162 games.

I had high hopes for this team about three weeks ago and then they started playing actual games.  Based on the moves they've made since last season and the way they've played during spring training, I'd say they'd be lucky to play .500 baseball this season.

But since I'm an optimistic schmuck, I'll say they'll start playing better defense, they'll get timely hitting, Gillick will solve the bullpen mess and the starters will consistently get 6-7 innings of work before falling apart.

Best guess: 88-74, no playoffs.

Diomedes

I'll guess 65 wins for the Phillies.

Now that I live in Baltimore, and since I've never followed baseball or supported any team, I'm now an Orioles fan.  They'll win 100 games.  Watch.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

ive gone from possible world series team to no playoffs in the span of three weeks

as for record im more concerned with the april w/l record because i will be really pissed if they start out 10-16 again and officially take all hope out of me...20 of the first 26 vs the division

(3) vs atlanta
(3) at florida
(3) at mets
(3) vs houston
(2) vs mets
(2) at washington
(3) at cincinnati
(3) vs washington
(3) vs florida
(1) at atlanta
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Relax, no need to panic, there are still 162 games left  ::)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhanInDC

I'm thinking they may sniff a .500+ record, no playoffs.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

BigEd76

Rome

SD_Eagle5

My prediction:
Slow start
92 wins
playoffs

Cool thread title

SunMo

at the very least, i knew YOU would enjoy it

MURP

Wingspan

86 Wins
1 back of the Wild Card
1 of the last three series will be a sweep
Finish first in the NL in runs
Finish first in the NL in Errors

Only 2 on the opening day five man rotation will be healthy or still on the team by year end.

Cole Hamels - 15-7 3.12 ERA
Freddie Garcia - 8-2 2.17 ERA, 1 15 Day DL Stint, one 60 Day DL Stint
Brett Myers - 10-14 4.50 ERA, 1 DUI
Adam Eaton 10-11 5.02 ERA
Jamie Moyer 5-2 4.00 ERA, a special tribute held in september because of his untimely death from complications during surgery repairing his broken hip
Jon Leiber will pitch a perfect game, otherwise go 3-13 8.75 ERA

Ryan Howard will finish with 35 HRs

Pat Burrell will hit 45 HRs, 46 RBIs, and hit .168 overall

Aaron Rowand will break 3 bones

Charlie Manual will shoot a reporter in a press conference

Pat Gillick will be seen lighting a cigar with a $100 bill, and it will make the cover of the daily news
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

ha, nice wing...

it'd be funnier if it wasn't for the fact that 75% of what you wrote could really happen