2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

The BIGSTUD

Didn't see it, I put on Dodgers/Mets for a minute.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

same story as last year at this time but worse

the same:

1. awful pp due to not having a defenseman that can shoot

2. brutal goaltending...esche is simply awful...all three goals were on him tonight...the ouellet goal being embarrassing...youre seeing the difference between a very good goalie on the verge of stardom (fluery is what every flyer fan wishes nitty cent was) and a back up goalie tonight

3. no scoring outside of forsberg...the 2nd thru 4th lines are weaker than seven days

the worse:

4. horrid defense this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Wow, out-shooting them 32-11 but losing 4-0. Esche not having his best game. The defense is playing good though. Look a lot quicker than last year.

Some bad passing and decision-making as well.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Sounds more like a Nitty type game than an Esche game. Remember when that bum let up a goal from center ice last season?  :-D

ice grillin you

the have so many shots because theyve been given 1000 pp's...half of which have been two man advantages

the hope here is that forsberg get injured earlier than normal this season so they can get the #1 overall pick

i cant believe freddy meyer is in a regular nhl defensive rotation
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Let it be the first of many. Well, unless, Hitchcock grows a pair and starts Nittymakki whenever he is back.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

What has Nitty ever done in the NHL besides come up small when Hitch was close to making a goalie decision late season?

MDS

What has Esche done besides suck?

The BIGSTUD

He's got the Flyers to the ECF. Esche isn't a perfect goalie, but he's more than capable as a starter. If you think Esche sucks then you must think the Flyers are REALLY farged, because Nitty surely isn't the answer.

mpmcgraw

I think Esche's year in 04 may have had something to do with the players in front of him.  Just maybe though. 

The BIGSTUD

Nah. He showed what he can do game 1 @ Buffalo last season. He's a good goalie.