2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

With MDS' boy Tomas Perez getting released and them optioning Chris Coste to Scranton, the 25-man roster is now set. The Phils finished spring training with a team record 19 wins and the season starts tomorrow.

Cactcher
Mike Lieberthal
Sal Fasano

Infielders
Ryan Howard
Chase Utley
Jimmy Rollins
David Bell
Alex Gonzalez
Abraham Nunez

Outfielders
Pat Burrell
Aaron Rowand
Bobby Abreu
Shane Victorino
David Dellucci

Starting Rotation
Jon Lieber
Brett Myers
Cory Lidle
Gavin Floyd
Ryan Madson

Bullpen
Geoff Geary
Julio Santana
Rheal Cormier
Ryan Franklin
Aaron Fultz
Arthur Rhodes
Flash Gordon

MDS

happy suicide watch season, everyone!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

phreak you suck, i was all ready to start this thread.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 02, 2006, 06:13:47 PM

Sorry.

Tonight I work on the PhreakMo production thread of the Bobby Abreu Tracker. :)

MDS

i dont know about his sexuality. but maybe it has something to do with his lack of skill at goalie.

game tommorrow is at 3, its on cbs. johnny lieber vs. chris carpenter. gettin ready for another season that will surly wind up with a mass of people jumping off the ben franklin.

SunMo

i'll be there, my 1st opening day, i'm feeling tight in the front of my pants.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 02, 2006, 06:19:00 PM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 02, 2006, 06:13:47 PM

Sorry.

Tonight I work on the PhreakMo production thread of the Bobby Abreu Tracker. :)

nice, this year, we leave it up to science

SunMo

QuoteDellucci said he was devastated by the trade.

"Disappointed, angry ... frustrated," he said. "I say angry because I feel so close to the guys on the team, and I feel good about what we had going on that I wanted to be a part of it. ... I even passed up a chance to play [for Italy] in the World Baseball Classic because of that."

from the Star-Telegram

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 02, 2006, 07:21:26 PM
QuoteDellucci said he was devastated by the trade.

"Disappointed, angry ... frustrated," he said. "I say angry because I feel so close to the guys on the team, and I feel good about what we had going on that I wanted to be a part of it. ... I even passed up a chance to play [for Italy] in the World Baseball Classic because of that."

from the Star-Telegram

Eh, give him some time to adjust.  It's understandable to be angry if it came as a shock.

Besides, he'll calm down when he realizes that he'll be winning the World Series with the Phils rather than losing 90+ with the Rangers.  >:D

MURP

Im ready to enjoy a season without Ed Wade. 

BigEd76

Thome just crushed one out to right after JMike made a nice catch....yep.....

PhillyPhreak54

Good for Thome.

He's been on fire. 7 HRs in the final 8 ST games and now a bomb tonight.

I hope he keeps it up and all of the nitwits who blasted him in this city can eat a fat serving of crow.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 03, 2006, 12:49:32 AM
I hope he keeps it up and all of the nitwits who blasted him in this city can eat a fat serving of crow.

He deserved it.  He was making big dollars and doing nothing due to injuries.

I guess there's still hope for Shawn Barber after all.