Jordan Hicks, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 01, 2015, 10:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I'm here to help.

Stealing from Mike Brown and his three scouts is huge

ice grillin you

knew about his injury issues but didnt know he had a torn achillies...him and demeco can compare notes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

I wanna know how many LBs Chip is planning to keep. 

Barwin - starting OLB, not going anywhere for a while
Graham - starting OLB, not going anywhere for a while
Ryans - starting ILB, extended through 2016 but turns 31 in July and has the ACL history
Alonso - starting ILB, not going anywhere for a while
Kendricks - UFA after the season, probably won't re-sign at this point, Chip says they aren't trading him (and why would they unless it's for another player or a 2016 pick?)
Smith III - still exists, not going anywhere yet
Jones - signed a 2-yr deal this offseason for cheap, 2nd-oldest LB at 29
Hicks - just drafted
Acho - RFA after the season, OK depth
Goode - UFA after the season, OK depth
Braman - extended through 2016, needed on special teams
Long - later
Hepburn - later

Are they planning to keep 10 guys from this group?  If so, that takes away a depth spot somewhere else.  If they're only keeping 9, that means 2 out of Jones, Acho and Goode are gone.  If they're only keeping 8, then all of them are gone (or Kendricks gets dealt and Chip is a liar again)

General_Failure

Assume at least one of them goes on IR.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

lol at 10 linebackers on an nfl roster...has any team ever kept ten?

hes going to keep 7-8 depending on special teams

brandon graham is an edge situtaional pass rusher not really a linebacker and certainly not a starting lb over kendricks

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

I'd probably rather have Smith I or Smith II playing than Smith III, but I'm probably also in the minority that don't want Smith III cut. After that kind of investment you need to give at least a couple of years to see what happens. Also, Graham will likely get a good chunk of his time on the D line like last year so I wouldn't fully count him as a LB.

ice grillin you

you have the four starters and hicks...everything else is garbage and could go...agreed with smith that he probably stays because of the investment in him...but its not going to be difficult to keep an additional two off that travesty of a list...not sure what planet easy is on keepin 10

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 02, 2015, 12:09:15 AM
I wanna know how many LBs Chip is planning to keep. 

Barwin - starting OLB, not going anywhere for a while
Graham - starting OLB, not going anywhere for a while
Ryans - starting ILB, extended through 2016 but turns 31 in July and has the ACL history
Alonso - starting ILB, not going anywhere for a while
Kendricks - UFA after the season, probably won't re-sign at this point, Chip says they aren't trading him (and why would they unless it's for another player or a 2016 pick?)
Smith III - still exists, not going anywhere yet
Jones - signed a 2-yr deal this offseason for cheap, 2nd-oldest LB at 29
Hicks - just drafted
Acho - RFA after the season, OK depth
Goode - UFA after the season, OK depth
Braman - extended through 2016, needed on special teams
Long - later
Hepburn - later

Are they planning to keep 10 guys from this group?  If so, that takes away a depth spot somewhere else.  If they're only keeping 9, that means 2 out of Jones, Acho and Goode are gone.  If they're only keeping 8, then all of them are gone (or Kendricks gets dealt and Chip is a liar again)

I know its 3-4 vs 4-3 but we go from Andy openly hating LBs to Chip who collects them like mds collects Full House memorabilia

Acho is probably gone
I'd like to keep Goode - he's got some game and could replace the dope fiend Brama

Hopefully they will sign Kendricks to an extension

BigEd76

Braman isn't going anywhere though.  They love him on ST and extended him another year about 6 weeks ago

Graham came back as killa's replacement and is absolutely the starting OLB opposite Barwin.  They aren't paying an average of $5M/yr and giving a decent signing bonus to a 3rd down guy for the next four years.  Kendricks is gonna rotate with Ryans and Alonso inside until one of them blows out a body part again, and he can still be used outside if necessary.  So we agree on the first 6 LBs so far.  Hicks isn't going anywhere, so that's 7 (or 8 if you include Braman like I am).  So if that's the cutoff, then Jones, Acho and Goode are all outta here?

BigEd76

QuoteJordanHicks
WHAT A NIGHT! Can't wait to get out to Philly - let's do this @eagles!! #FlyEaglesFly #MyDraftReactions #SSGFam

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah you're right - Braman isn't going anywhere.

Jones could go...but maybe they keep 9?

I'd like Goode to make it

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 02, 2015, 12:49:13 AM
Braman isn't going anywhere though.  They love him on ST and extended him another year about 6 weeks ago

Graham came back as killa's replacement and is absolutely the starting OLB opposite Barwin.  They aren't paying an average of $5M/yr and giving a decent signing bonus to a 3rd down guy for the next four years.  Kendricks is gonna rotate with Ryans and Alonso inside until one of them blows out a body part again, and he can still be used outside if necessary.  So we agree on the first 6 LBs so far.  Hicks isn't going anywhere, so that's 7 (or 8 if you include Braman like I am).  So if that's the cutoff, then Jones, Acho and Goode are all outta here?

1. graham isnt an olb...he plays on the line and rushes the passer...that doesnt mean its only 3rd and longs but it means in certain situations...his base salary doesnt even make over 4 mil until 2017 and only makes 3 mil this year....the reason people were cool with his resigning in a defense that doesnt fit him (again he cant play olb in a 3-4) is because he was so cheap...on paper he might be an OLB but as far as it counts on the roster he will be a DL...for example maybe brandon bair vinny curry or taylor hart are cut because graham is really a DL

2. kendricks aint rotating with anyone if hes on the team

3. demeco right now is on the team only cause chip loves him as a leader....hes old one dimensional and is missing an achilles...hes a back up if he even makes the team

4.  outside chance of keeping 8...9 or ten is ludicrous

General_Failure

Move Ryans to safety because farg it, why not.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

Who's the other starting OLB if it isn't Graham?  It's not Kendricks and it isn't Bust III