Darren Sproles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, March 13, 2014, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

And still a very effective returner - which on an offensively challenged team is needed to shorten the field and pop 1-3 return TDs a year

smeags

somehow I don't think this debate will end here... :paranoid
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2016, 11:13:05 AM
And still a very effective returner - which on an offensively challenged team is needed to shorten the field and pop 1-3 return TDs a year

25 bucks he doesn't have another PR for TD in his career
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Whether he has any more return tds is irrelevant. He's a good player overall and a very good return guy. This is also a great way for Howie to show the players that if you play well, the team will take care of you.  Basically going the anti-chip route.

ice grillin you

again it's not the end of civilization or anything but there's no reason to give an ancient  "good" player an extra year when you have no money

QB Eagles

Jordan Matthews on Sproles' deal:

QuoteHe's a great role model not just for the running backs, but also for me. When I see him go out there and make plays, I'm like, 'Shoot, I need to.' I know Zach [Ertz] looks up to him. It's crazy. We look up to a guy that comes up to our knees! But he's a beast, man. He's a beast.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2016, 09:14:43 AM
i dont really get it unless they are paying him as a locker room presence de facto coach

Sgt PSN

I think it's much more than that though. I think it's Howie (and Pederson to a much lesser extent) sending a message to players and agents around the league that things are going to be much different than they were with Chip.  Pederson, if nothing else, will be a "players coach" and will be open with players and encourage players to be vocal as well.  Guys were mostly afraid to saying anything to anyone with Chip because he'd send them packing.  And Howie is not only trying to wipe out what Chip did, but maybe even separate himself from the Banner model a little bit, which didn't involve much signing of older players.  Basically, the Eagles have a lot of stink on them right now and aren't an exceptionally attractive destination.  This is a small step in rebuilding their image....in addition to keeping a good player/locker room guy around as well. 

ice grillin you

respect what you are saying but i think you are overthinking it...or maybe I'm a hater curmudgeon but I think Pederson is completely in over his head and they know it...sproles is an extension in the locker room and just the kind of veteran you want when you have a clueless leader as a HC

General_Failure

I'm just glad the offense will have one talented skill player this season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Oh my God!  The actors playing football players made that commercial.  #54 looked like he was one Krispy Kreme away from a massive coronary episode. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Sproles and detergent pods: two of my favorite things about the 21st century.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you