The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 16, 2013, 02:00:33 PM
People suck, so yeah. 

I just think it's hilarious that of all the stupid shtein people do that could piss a person off, you're getting bent out of shape over a couple of animal lovers making some personal sacrifices for the sake of their animals.  How dare they practice what they preach!!     

I think it's hilarious that anyone would choose to keep his family a thousand miles away for six months because of a farging dog.   

More to the point, though, people do, in fact, suck.  That's why this thread exists, right?  Are we not supposed to post things like this here now, your royal highness?

ice grillin you

we should be used to that kind of stuff from them by now but it never ceases to amaze does it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

As salty as I am about getting farged by the military, if those personnel cutbacks that have already been incorporated are able to free up money for other, more critical spending needs, then I'm actually cool with it.  But I know better.  This gov't doesn't know how to properly spend money.  So any money saved with sensible spending cuts will just be used in another equally wasteful manner. 

Rome

How guys like that continue to get elected is beyond me, but I'll say this, they have a constituency out there that loves them.

He actually prefers the potential for massive death and destruction that an armed to the teeth military offers over the health care of the citizens of this country.  That's indicates a level of certifiable insanity on his part.  And he's not saying this to secure votes or to scare the shtein out of his ignorant voting base.  He actually believes it and that's truly disturbing to me.

ice grillin you

im all about slashing the military but i can also admit doing so is quite the conundrum because its a massive jobs program

what pisses me off is that the republicans are perfectly fine with sequestration which will eliminate 750,0000 jobs and send the country into a shtein hole but they steadfastly refuse to touch the military

Sgt PSN

I think very few politicians actually believe anything they say.  If they did, there'd be even less civility between the left and the right.  It's mostly all an act.  I guess there's a few obscure Senators and Reps than are true to their word and really want to make a difference, but most of them all know that it's scam and that they're getting caked off for doing very little work, if any at all. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 17, 2013, 11:55:13 AM
im all about slashing the military but i can also admit doing so is quite the conundrum because its a massive jobs program

Thing is though, unlike the civilian sector, the military does offer a gazillion different options for servicemen/women to either go to school, learn a trade, etc, etc.  When companies make cuts in the private sector, they give a severance and a swift kick in the ass.  There's no assistance to help retrain or re-employ the people they let go. 

Also, there are dozens, if not hundreds of ways to cut military spending without impacting many actual jobs.  I've seen the wasteful spending 1st hand.  It's off the charts.  Dealing with my unit's supply, fiscal and transportation sections for so many years, I'd say I've easily seen close to $100mil in wasteful spending.  Now that might not be a lot when looking at the big picture, but consider the fact that I'm just 1 person.  Then think about the fact that there's probably a couple thousand people military wide who more or less do the same job I do and see the same things.  Now we're talking some serious cheddar.

Quotewhat pisses me off is that the republicans are perfectly fine with sequestration which will eliminate 750,0000 jobs and send the country into a shtein hole but they steadfastly refuse to touch the military

This is the result of living in a country that was more or less founded on war and genocide.  And in the last 100 years, what's the longest stretch of time that this country hasn't actively been a participant in some sort of war or conflict on foreign soil?  I think there was roughly 13 years between the end of WWI and the start of WW2.  Only about 5 years between WW2 and Korea, which ended in 1953.  4 years later, the US had troops in Korea who were authorized to fire back if fired upon, even though offensive actions didn't take place for a few more years.  US withdrew form Vietnam in 1975 and while there were minor skirmishes over the next 15 years, there really wasn't any major US invasion until Iraq in 1990.  Desert Storm wasn't officially over until 1995 and then there were more skirmishes like Bosnia, Kosovo and Mogadishu until 2002 when we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. 

So I guess that since the US became involved in WWI, the longest stretch without actually being engaged in a war has been just 15 years.   Point is, this country doesn't seem to like going more than 10 years without getting into a fight.  Therefore, "defense" spending is off the charts. 

Geowhizzer

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

I didn't look a at the video, either.  Didn't need to get myself that angry right before going to bed.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

My child hood buddy's ex-wife was arrested for embezzling $355,000 from the Veterinarian clinic she worked. You'll all be happy to know she's a Republican.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9001495

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you