The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Weak-minded religious nuts can all suck it.  That said, the story suggested the lady who died was alone day and night and all she had was the clowns on the radio to fill her empty life.  Then she dies and her family is surprised they only got a pittance?  Where the farg were they while she was alive?

hbionic

I agree. Although I have my opinions about religion, this story is not any different than someone with an estate designating their inheritance to some stranger who was kind to them.

It just so happens that the stranger in this case was family radio.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MMH

Quote from: Rome on June 01, 2011, 04:14:52 PM
Weak-minded religious nuts can all suck it.  That said, the story suggested the lady who died was alone day and night and all she had was the clowns on the radio to fill her empty life.  Then she dies and her family is surprised they only got a pittance?  Where the farg were they while she was alive?

Reap what you sow.  Still, that farging whack job probably made that prediction to get stupid people to send him money.  I'm sure he's a complete douche who doesn't believe a word he says.

Geowhizzer

I can tell you exactly when the world will end.  It will be on Super Bowl Sunday, with the Eagles winning and 0:01 left on the clock in the 4th quarter.

hbionic

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 01, 2011, 07:32:38 PM
I can tell you exactly when the world will end.  It will be on Super Bowl Sunday, with the Eagles winning and 0:01 left on the clock in the 4th quarter.

...while I've gone almost 48 hours without sleep, and I have to take a massive duce and I'm stuck in traffic.

Why would I be in traffic and not watching the game? Makes just as much sense as the Eagles winning the Superbowl.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on June 01, 2011, 04:14:52 PM

Doesn't sound like she had a problem with her Aunt giving the money to someone else, but that she didn't realize just who it was she was giving the money too.  It wasn't until after the Aunt died that she learned exactly who these Family Radio nuts were and that's when she realized that her Aunt's money was going to fund those wackos.  Had she donated the money to cancer research or something, this probably wouldn't be a story because the niece wouldn't be making a big deal about it.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 01, 2011, 12:41:32 AM
Don't really see why that belongs in this thread.  I think it's pretty cool that someone completely different from everyone else seems to be widely accepted among the student population.

It's a fair point. In all honesty, part of me thinks it should be fine and only fair if a guy wants to be a girl and run for prom queen, because we all are free and should be able to be who we are without judgement. In my heart I feel we should accept and respect people as they are. And another part of me - especially after seeing that pic- says "omg are you farging kidding me? A high school boy with a bad boob job becoming prom queen?! Wtf is wrong with this world?"

So admittedly, the latter part is a bit  more narrow minded and thinks prom queen honors should be reserved for the girls and prom kings for the guys. It may not be the most illuminated view but I don't think it makes me bigoted in that sense either (not that you're calling me that - other than PG, of the people who responded to my post i.e. you, IGY and GF, I've seen enough anti-Jew comments over time here, but I wouldn't call you racist).

One last thought that came up is the other side of the coin - the question of how fair is this to the other girls who wanted to win. I can imagine how a girl who got the second most votes might feel distraught or crushed at her lost opportunity, and if I were her father I'm sure at a minimum I'd be pretty annoyed at the whole thing.

phattymatty

wow, i'm guessing this was just to prove a point bc if this guy girl was the cutest looking thing in school, i would transfer.

PhillyGirl

Not sure why you think Prom Queen would have to be the "cutest". It's not a looks contest, idiot.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

charlie

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 02, 2011, 09:22:35 AM
Not sure why you think Prom Queen would have to be the "cutest". It's not a looks contest, idiot.

Maybe you're reacting to my post because you think it's hateful. Hmmmm, no hypocrites around these parts  ::)

PhillyGirl

How am I a hypocrite? I don't see any issues whatsoever to any part of the whole scenario.

Our Prom Queen was also the president of our student council. FAR from the prettiest girl in the school, just a great girl who pretty much put together the whole prom with like 3 other people and did a great job. She deserved to win.

The same kind of thing went on for the Sr. Prom I went to when I was a Jr. Popularity contest, yes....looks contest, no.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I'm with Matty on this one.

Why would anyone ever vote for an ugly or even homely prom queen?