i dont mind the trade for a team that is closer than the bears
but for where they stand in the big picture
especially being in the nfc
it seemed like a pretty big overpay
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

I think their viewpoint is that their window is Trubinsky's rookie contract, so push all the chips in now.

Formula to win is either have an elite QB, or a cheap game manager QB with an elite roster. You can't really have both unless you have an elite QB on his rookie contract like the Eagles. The Bears really have no choice but to assume that Trubinsky is at least game manager quality and to try to maximize the talent around him, before they either have to throw $20M a year at him or give up on him and start over.

ice grillin you

a rookie qb window only matters if the qb and team are actually good

Eagaholic

Would have liked to see the Rams lose, they might be the Eagles top competitor. On the other hand, nice to see Gruden lose. He said Mack didn't want to play for him. Apparently neither did the rest of the team.

SD

The woman announcer for the Lions/Jets game was farging brutal

Diomedes

Yes, yes, we know:  Unless you're beating up her Hoyda, wrecking her anus or defiling her mouth,  a woman is no good to you.  Conniving bitches all, just looking for the next idiot to fleece.  Blah blah blah.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Things can change with experience as we saw with our own Dougie P, but as of right now, Matt Patricia is the worst coach in the NFL. He is a farging disaster up there, and the Lions situation could spiral out of control rapidly.

I thought Gruden did alright, actually. The problem with Oakland is that his team gave a truckload of money to Derek Carr instead of Khalil Mack.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on September 11, 2018, 07:38:27 AM
Yes, yes, we know:  Unless you're beating up her Hoyda, wrecking her anus or defiling her mouth,  a woman is no good to you.  Conniving bitches all, just looking for the next idiot to fleece.  Blah blah blah.

To be fair, she does say "yerds" instead of "yards".

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on September 11, 2018, 07:38:27 AM

Maybe watch the game and judge for yourself instead of starting one of your women bashing assumptions. B-r-u-t-a-l.

General_Failure

She was fine, there are plenty of worse announcers.

The Jets players said they knew the Lions signals, so that's probably a good sign for Detroit for the rest of the season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Beth Mowins is ok. She does a good job when calling college games.

Rome

Kitchen.  Barefoot.  Pregnant (abortion).  Bedroom.

Trump. 

Tomahawk

Quote from: Rome on September 11, 2018, 10:09:55 AM
Kitchen.  Barefoot.  Pregnant (abortion).  Bedroom.

Trump.

In Haiku:
Kitchen barefoot bang
Pregnant abortion bedroom
Make America

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 11, 2018, 09:56:37 AM
Beth Mowins is ok.

cept for the whole women thing

I didn't watch the nfl game but I agree she is good on college...she kind of reminds me of mike Patrick....not her voice but her style

PhillyPhreak54

That's a good comparison

Patrick was really good in his younger days