Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 08, 2006, 03:09:34 PM
The little one and I ate at Bonefish Grill for dinner last night.

I had the encrusted pork tenderloin with scalloped potatoes, mixed veggies and a cup of their blue crab and corn chowder.  F'n awesome restaurant.  The waitress who waited on us was an Eagles fan from Delran!

Love that place.

Maggiano's in Philly isn't bad.  I went there after the Giants game last year and we had a good time.  Decent food, kinda pricey but not bad.

I'm fairly recent to the seafood scene, but I can't bring myself to order a non-seafood main course at Bonefish.  Just doesn't seem right, or something.  If you haven't had the Bang Bang Shrimp as an appetizer, you're wrong.

There are little bistros and Italian places that are better and cheaper than Maggiano's, no doubt, but it's damn good for a chain restaurant (plus, good Italian places are hard to find in NC).  The family style kicks some major ass.

ice grillin you

There are little bistros and Italian places that are better and cheaper than Maggiano's

understatement of the millenium

south philly has the best italian restaurants in the world...behind italy i would imagine...but way ahead of nyc
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on March 08, 2006, 03:12:56 PM
No shtein. They are real popular down here in NoVA, think they got their start around here. There is one right around the corner from where I work, absolutely horrible for you to eat, but farging awesome nonetheless.

where do you work?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 08, 2006, 03:26:28 PM
south philly has the best italian restaurants in the world...behind italy i would imagine...but way ahead of nyc

No shtein.  But that's a long drive for me.

Rome

I've had the bang-bang shrimp.  Delicious.

I've been there probably 10 times now and I've never had a bad meal yet.  Actually, I can't think of a single thing to complain about regarding Bonefish.  Service is unreal, the food is incredible and the portions are ridiculously large.   

BTW: Try the Pistacio Encrusted Rainbow Trout if you haven't yet.  It's unfricken real.  :drool

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 08, 2006, 03:39:39 PM
BTW: Try the Pistacio Encrusted Rainbow Trout if you haven't yet.  It's unfricken real.  :drool

I think that's a seasonal speciality, if I'm not mistaken.  I had some sort of encrusted Mahi special last time I was there, but I don't remember if it was pistachio or not.  It was damn tasty, though.

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

any of you hicks by chance ever been to paula deens restaurant
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 08, 2006, 03:43:25 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 08, 2006, 03:39:39 PM

I think that's a seasonal speciality, if I'm not mistaken.  I had some sort of encrusted Mahi special last time I was there, but I don't remember if it was pistachio or not.  It was damn tasty, though.

Nope - it's part of the regular saute menu.

PhillyPhanInDC

Another place that's in Burbs that's pretty good is Ooka. There is one in Willow Grove and one Doylestown, both on 611. Pretty good sushi, and not to bad a price. They also have the Hibachi is you bring someone (kids) who doesn't like sushi. The one in Willow Grove is BYOB though.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on March 08, 2006, 03:56:30 PM
Another place that's in Burbs that's pretty good is Ooka. There is one in Willow Grove and one Doylestown, both on 611. Pretty good sushi, and not to bad a price. They also have the Hibachi is you bring someone (kids) who doesn't like sushi. The one in Willow Grove is BYOB though.

i am gonna be there on friday for lunch. i work about 2 minutes from there in horsham
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Wingspan on March 08, 2006, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on March 08, 2006, 03:56:30 PM

i am gonna be there on friday for lunch. i work about 2 minutes from there in horsham

Sit at the sushi bar, they do a pretty good job of giving you a pretty cool show.

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 08, 2006, 03:26:28 PM

that made me laugh
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhanInDC

No Arby's, but as far as "fast food" goes, I'll throw Baja Fresh out there.

Good stuff. :yay