Week 16 - Texans: Houston, You Have A Problem

Started by MDS, December 17, 2018, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

If Wentz plays and loses, oh boy there's gonna be some great hot takes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on December 17, 2018, 12:13:32 AM
If Wentz plays and loses, oh boy there's gonna be some great hot takes.

Is Doug gonna do that dumb shtein where he won't admit that Wentz isn't playing, and gets all mad at the media like it's some big farging secret he's trying to keep from the Texans?

SD

For the love of god stick with Smallwood. He's vanilla as farg but at least he hits holes fast and can make quick cuts. Adams cutting is like watching a tractor trailer make a turn.

Diomedes

I don't get the Adams hate.  In almost a hundred career rushes he's averaging 4.5 yards.  I don't care what it looks like when it happens--Blount was the fugliest runner I can recall in a long time too--he's doing work.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

He gets a hole he's fine, he accelerates nicely and knows how to fall forward. If there's no hole he's not quick enough to make a cut and I've never seen a slower back try to bounce it to the outside. He's also tall with long thin legs and a long stride, not powerful enough to break tackles, not stout or strong enough to keep his legs churning. I have no idea why they run him up the middle on short yardage plays, he's not a power back and doesn't get going fast enough to use his momentum.

Blount on the other hand was a farging bull. He has deceptive speed for a big man and nobody wanted to tackle him one on one.

Smallwood is vanilla as they come but at least he cuts fast and is slippery. Adams should be more of a change of pace back because the one thing he does have going for him is he could break a long run whereas Smallwood doesn't have that breakaway speed.

MDS

smallwood is absolute garbage. he ran better last night than ive ever really seen but please stop
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 17, 2018, 10:27:42 AM
smallwood is absolute garbage. he ran better last night than ive ever really seen but please stop

When I say he's vanilla it's essentially saying he's garbage. He's just more useful garbage than Adams.

PhillyPhreak54

Use all of the backs.

Adams has his moments. I'd like Doug to maybe come up with a better short yardage play though than lining him up in shotgun and having his lumbering ass try to get the first on a slow developing play.

Lil guy - lemme get a ticket for Sunday

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 17, 2018, 10:52:08 AM
Use all of the backs.

Adams has his moments. I'd like Doug to maybe come up with a better short yardage play though than lining him up in shotgun and having his lumbering ass try to get the first on a slow developing play.

What kills me is they have a 6'5 qb...just run a damn sneak.

General_Failure

If they're going to insist on using screens, I wish they'd bring back the bunch WR screen.

smeags

Quote from: BDN on December 17, 2018, 11:08:13 AM
Use all of the backs.

neither guy impresses anyone. just play the hot hand.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

johnny and havas need 1 too, we'll kibbitz at the tailgate

General_Failure

Quote from: smeags on December 17, 2018, 12:40:16 PM
Quote from: BDN on December 17, 2018, 11:08:13 AM
Use all of the backs.

neither guy impresses anyone. just play the hot hand.

We talking about the RBs or the QBs?

QB Eagles

The last couple of years I think the team has had a good feel for which RBs to use in which situations. I can't say the same about knowing when to call runs vs. when to call passes though.