Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

when the eagles win the super bowl and host the opener, good chance its against the bears
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I can't believe the NFL is going to get Wentz murdered so early in the season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on January 08, 2019, 12:29:16 AM
I can't believe the NFL is going to get Wentz murdered so early in the season.

Pretty sure Jacksonville won't be playing in that game. 

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2019, 08:41:19 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/life-fg-block-eagles-treyvon-hester-includes-reflecting-fathers-blessings-015601168.html

Quote...who was an academic gray shirt in 2012 before going on to earn his criminal justice degree.

I don't follow college football.  What does that mean, "academic gray shirt?"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

its basically a way for schools to get around scholarship limits...a grayshirt comes in and takes classes at the school for a semester but isnt on the team and doesnt count towards the scholarship total

QB Eagles

The "academic" part means he didn't meet the academic requirements of the NCAA. In Hester's case he had to go to Toledo instead of a school with a better program, because it was willing to admit him as a regular student (with no football scholarship) and spend a year or a semester qualifying academically.

ice grillin you

thats not entirely true i dont believe there is such thing as an academic greyshirt....there is a just a greyshirt...some people call it an academic greyshirt because the player only takes classes...he doesnt do anything football related

big picture its a way to get around a scholarship crunch no matter what the reason for the greyshirt

a greyshirt can have eligibility issues of course but its not for that reason...and because it applies to hester in this case the writer is calling it that

QB Eagles

I think the roster turnover is going to be a lot more dramatic than the change from '17 to '18.

MDS

thinking of the roster locks to start the season:
wentz, sudfeld, clement, alshon, ertz, goeddert, lane, seamalu, barnett, cox, bradham, jones, maddox, jawnkins, johnston, elliott (brooks PUP)

im sure vaiti, strap leblanc, kamu and other depth pieces will be back but you can say 100% for sure
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 13, 2019, 10:43:00 PM
I think the roster turnover is going to be a lot more dramatic than the change from '17 to '18.

Gonna be an interesting offseason

QB Eagles

Don Ho

^^What's up with that^^^  Wasn't his fault Schwartz blitzed 9 times all season.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

QuoteDating back to the Chip Kelly Era, the next hire will be the Eagles' fifth wide receivers coach in the last five years. They need to find some more consistency at this spot.

Before Brewer in 2018, Mike Groh was the receivers coach in 2017 before getting promoted to offensive coordinator this season. Former Eagles receiver Greg Lewis held the job during 2016 but was fired after just one season. In 2018, the entire offense seemed to struggle early in the season and the receivers were definitely a part of that.

Finding all these scapegoats very interesting.