Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: MURP on December 13, 2004, 03:42:28 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on December 13, 2004, 03:31:18 PM
i strongly urge everyone to avoid seeing Eternal Sunshin of the Pointless Movie.

i thought it was a good flick. 

it drug itself too long for me. and some of the directing and camera use made me nautious.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Susquehanna Birder

Interesting concept in that movie...but like Wingspan, I found it a little too disorienting.

henchmanUK

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 13, 2004, 04:43:05 PM
Also saw Hero the other day....AWESOME flick.

Yep. Great to see in the cinema. Can't wait for House of Flying Daggers.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

mikey418

Quote from: Wingspan on December 13, 2004, 03:31:18 PM
i strongly urge everyone to avoid seeing Eternal Sunshin of the Pointless Movie.

Eternal Sunshine is an AWESOME movie IMO....don't know what you were watching.  It is, however, one of those movies you have to be in the mood to watch. 
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

General_Failure

Quote from: mikey418 on December 14, 2004, 08:22:54 AM
Eternal Sunshine is an AWESOME movie IMO....don't know what you were watching. It is, however, one of those movies you have to be really baked to watch.

Fixed.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

I watched 'The Bourne Supremecy' lastnight and it was awesome! Even better than the first one  :yay

PhillyGirl

Finally saw some funny ass flicks:

Napoleon Dynamite was one of my favorite all time movies

Anchorman

Collateral
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mikey418

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 28, 2004, 08:40:04 PM

Tina, come get some HAM!!

ILLEAGLE

I'm still watching Donnie Darko over and over. Not many movies affect me the way this one does. Me and a friend actually have taken notes on it. The symbolism is astonishing. The movie cycles through the Tarot deck about 7 times.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is still kick ass.  :yay
"Focus. The only means to see me back to life's unending swirl. A reversal of passing away, as the world of dead, as away is now my origin..."   ---Meshuggah

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mikey418 on December 29, 2004, 07:44:59 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 28, 2004, 08:40:04 PM

Tina, come get some HAM!!

I bought it last week after searching for what seemed like an eternity before I finally found it.  I saw it back in September and it instantly became one my of favorite movies ever........EVER!

There's a lot of gangs in this school.  This one gang wants me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff. 

mikey418

"Girls only want boyfriends with skills...you know....bow hunting skills, numb chuckle skills, computer hacking skills..."

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have to echo other sentiments that "Eternal Sunshine" was an excellent movie, as well as "Anchorman".

Saw "Meet the Fockers" on Christmas day, and thought it was much funnier than the original.

Also, I look forward to watching "Collateral" (already here) and "Garden State" (on the way) from Netflix.   :yay

MadMarchHare

I don't think Collateral was designed to be a comedy :paranoid
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MadMarchHare on December 29, 2004, 12:28:24 PM
I don't think Collateral was designed to be a comedy :paranoid

The first 2 were comedies.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Quote from: ILLEAGLE on December 29, 2004, 09:37:45 AM
I'm still watching Donnie Darko over and over. Not many movies affect me the way this one does. Me and a friend actually have taken notes on it. The symbolism is astonishing. The movie cycles through the Tarot deck about 7 times.

i love Donnie Darko...one of my all time favorites :yay

Oceans Twelve  :boo :boo :boo :boo
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.