The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
No one knows Chip Kelly's scheme better than @smartfootball. Follow this man.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

So he waited until the day after his players couldn't declare for the draft to take a job somewhere else? Classy.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 12:32:08 PM
lol at any nfl players putting out for this guy

a never have coached in the league before no integrity flake

so you're already out?

Sgt PSN

[knee jerk reaction]I think I might hate Chip Kelly already.  And it really has nothing to do with his ability or what he may/may not bring to the table.  He more or less just Favre'd the Ducks and Eagles.  Of course, a parade would probably fix all of that.  But until then, consider me off the Kelly bandwagon. [/knee jerk reaction]

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 12:32:08 PM
lol at any nfl players putting out for this guy

a never have coached in the league before no integrity flake

Yup

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 16, 2013, 12:37:33 PM
so you're already out?

DONE....wasnt a huge fan if he had come under normal circumstances....but a wishy washy guy who has never coached in the league making a money grab?....has disaster written all over it

my only hope is that the hiring is not 100% official until i get a supercarp email tomorrow letting me know the eagles hired chip kelly as their next head coach
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

GeneralZOD

Damn I came here hoping this wasn't true.... I guess it's official, the Eagles & the Skins have totally switched team philosophies... How long before Kelly is on our sidelines giving bubble guppy lips during a MNF loss?
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

Sgt PSN

Depends on when their first MNF game is. 

General_Failure

Quote from: GeneralZOD on January 16, 2013, 12:45:25 PM
Damn I came here hoping this wasn't true.... I guess it's official, the Eagles & the Skins have totally switched team philosophies... How long before Kelly is on our sidelines giving bubble guppy lips during a MNF loss?

Or, how long before he takes a job with another college team and only tells anyone with a note left in the locker room.

Eagles_Legendz

I would've preferred Gus but it'll be interesting to see what happens with the team.  I'll be happier if they can hire a Lovie-type to coach the D.

JackStraw

The spin in this presser and days to follow should be just amazing. Wow. High risk selection - if they loved his scheme so much why not just go Belicheck get NFL coaching and incorporate parts of it assuming you have any players who can???

This seems another version of straw-grasping wide-9, fastballs, dont care about linebackers, we know better than teams who actually win in this league bullshtein.

Oh well at least its done. asst coaching search should be fascinating.
Endless regression to the mean

General_Failure

So I guess Vick will stick around for another year.

SunMo

ice grillin you

Quote from: JackStraw on January 16, 2013, 12:53:24 PM
This seems another version of straw-grasping wide-9, fastballs, dont care about linebackers, we know better than teams who actually win in this league bullshtein.

i will actually give them the benefit of the doubt here....its not like they were the only team in the league interested in chip kelly or howie hired the oklahoma state QB's coach...chip kelly was the hottest commodity going just a few weeks ago

and a few weeks ago i would given the hiring a C+ with an A for hope

now its an F and i can see him coaching oklahoma state in a few years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous